Head of Youth Development and Support £55,000Full time, 37 hours per weekPermanentFlexible location - London / Lingfield / Home based
Young Epilepsy is the leading charity in the UK for children and young people with epilepsy. What sets us apart is our focus on giving a voice and a platform to people who have the condition, so that we are able to learn from them and support changes in societal understanding, attitudes and responsiveness - providing higher quality health, education and family support services as a result. Increasingly, we are developing our digital platforms and on-line offers to children and families.
We are recruiting a Head of Youth Development and Support to develop and lead Young
Epilepsy's new Youth Development & Support Team.
This unique role brings together the disciplines of youth participation and service delivery in one team. While this approach ensures that the voices of children and young people are fully integrated into service design, development & delivery, it also acts as a dedicated function, to ensure the whole organisation lives it values and that our work is driven by the experience and voices of children and young people.
This is an exciting time to join Young Epilepsy as this role will play a central part in delivering some of the key objectives from the recently launched 2020-25 strategy, including:
- Leading the organisation's approach to youth participation
- Driving the further development of our digital offer to children and young people(thechannel.org.uk).
- Delivering direct support for individual children, young people and families, employing therapeutic and whole family approaches.
- Supporting children and young people to access the education they need, by expanding our Epilepsy Friendly accreditation to more universities, colleges, schools, nurseries.
- Empowering and equipping more young people with the skills to confidently advocate for their rights.
- Providing epilepsy awareness training and resources for education professionals.
The successful applicant will join at a time where the team and our approaches to youth participation & service delivery are developing. This provides a real opportunity for a confident leader with the right experience to make a significant difference to the lives of children and young people with epilepsy.
The following are some of the key attributes that we are looking for in an applicant:
If you would like to find out more about this role, please get in touch.For further details of these and other vacancies, please visit our website:youngepilepsy.org.uk/jobsNo agencies please.
- Extensive experience of working in a youth participation setting
- A deep understanding of digital communications and service delivery
- Experience building external partnerships and growing connections
- Experience managing teams both directly and remotely
- Creative and entrepreneurial approach
- Strong planning and organising skills
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required.
Young Epilepsy strives to employ people that reflect the community it serves; therefore, applications from minority groups and people with disabilities are particularly welcomed.
Young Epilepsy is the operating name of the National Centre for Young People with Epilepsy. Registered Charity No: 311877 (England and Wales).