JOIN BROMPTON BICYCLE IN CREATING URBAN FREEDOM FOR HAPPIER LIVES!
Our purpose is to change the way people live in cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people's freedom, improve their health and reduce society's impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975. Brompton now offers 16.5 million combinations on the bike, every one of which is still made by hand in London. It is now estimated that there are over 80,000 Brompton bikes in London. Three-time winner of the Queen's Award for Enterprise, the company sells over 45,000 bikes in 44 countries around the world every year. Sales have been growing at a fast rate with the help of Brompton Junction retail stores in London, Barcelona, Munich, Beijing, Milan, Hamburg, Shanghai, Chengdu, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Kobe and we don't plan on stopping there.The role
This role requires an expert in functional safety, with a focus on ISO 12100 and ISO 13849, responsible for guiding and developing the functional safety of next generation Brompton electric bicycles as well as improving wider processes & policies.Main duties
- Informing Management of Functional Safety Process and Policy
- Risk Assessment using ISO 12100
- Generation of ISO 13849 Safety Requirements
- Informing Safety Process and Policy including Software & Electronic Techniques and Measures
- Leading of Safety Analysis & Validation tasks, e.g. FMEA, DC, MTTFd, PL
- Generation of ISO 13849 compliance argument & associated documentation
- Engaging software, electronic and mechanical teams to gather critical information
Job requirementsRequired Skills
Experience performing ISO 12100 Risk Assessments
Experience guiding & informing ISO 13849 compliant design
Experience leading verification and validation activities for ISO 13849 compliance
Experience of software process & policy setting for ISO 13849 compliance
Experience writing safety justifications for ISO 13849Education
Ideally the individual will have the following educational and professional qualifications or experience:
- Degree education in related subjects (electronics, software, systems engineer, etc).
- The ability to demonstrate expert knowledge of functional safety for programmable electronic systems.
- The ability to demonstrate hands on experience in a similar role.
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years' experience as functional safety engineer / product safety engineer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90636658