Cash is dead, already in poor shape, Covid has finished it off. Many charities still rely on cash donations to fund their vital work.
In 2014 we saw an opportunity to help. We built and tested the first mobile contactless donation box, which made it onto the 'One Show'. Since then we've set up Sprout Products to develop and scale up Countless Donation globally, and now we're looking for people to join us and help make the world a bit better.What kind of company are we?
We're a small, agile and flexible company. Contactless donations are new for charities, and they are still working out how best to use them. New projects start and change all the time, so that we can give charities the best possible products and support. You'd need to be comfortable adapting what you do to meet those changing needs, and find that an exciting way to work.
At the moment it's just the two of us, Guy and Chris, who started this, but we're doubling in size to four and will be adding others soon. We work from our large airy studio on Bermondsey Square, in Bermondsey, London
We're very conscious on the environmental effect of what we do, and minimise our impact wherever possible. What kind of person are we looking for?
As a new role in a changing start-up company, self-motivation and flexility are essential qualities. You need to enjoy working out the best way for doing things, communicating that with your colleagues and then constantly improving it. If you need or expect detailed guidance and rules, this isn't the place for you. You'll find satisfaction in working hard as part of a committed and productive team. It's a great chance to shape the company and grow with it as we expand, so we're looking for team players willing to share ideas.Eligibility
Applicants need to be eligible for Kick Start scheme roles - aged 18 - 24 and currently receiving Universal Credit.Application Process
Please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you're a good fit for the role, by 10th October 2020. Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be held shortly after in Bermondsey, London.
Please note that this job is supported by the Kick Start Scheme, full details of which are yet to be announced, so it may be changed if required.Tasks
Skills and Experience
- Answering incoming sales enquiries on the phone and email
- Following up on call back requests
- Pro-active approaches to potential customers on the phone and through email and social media
- Using social media to raise our profile and promote the products
- Managing the support process
- Handing support queries by email and phone
- Creating support videos for customers
- Market research with potential customers
- Meeting potential customers in person at their premises or trade shows (as Covid allows)
- Liaising with the Assembly & Fulfilment person to ensure quick delivery of orders
- Covering for the Assembly & Fulfilment person when on leave or unwell
- A customer facing role
- A strong desire to make sales
- Friendly nature able to put people at their ease
- Able to get to the bottom of an issue and keen to find a solution
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good computer literacy skills essential
- Ability to prioritise and organise