Community Enteral Nurse£32,000 + company carSouth East London
Are you a Registered Nurse
with experience of working within the NHS or in a Community setting? Bionical Solutions are keen to speak with enthusiastic and patient-focused Registered Nurses
who are passionate about delivering a gold-standard service to patients receiving enteral care
You'd be given the opportunity to take control of your day by managing your own diary and liaising with patients to book in the most suitable appointments for both you and them. You will be supporting patients across the South East London
In the role you will be empowering newly referred NHS patients to manage enteral feeding within the comfort of their own homes, as well as upskilling care workers to support PEG and NG tube
fed patients. Patient caseload is 3 to 5 visits per day
as we want to ensure you are empowered to deliver the best standard of care possible on every visit.
No Enteral feeding
experience? Don't worry, you'll receive full classroom and 'on the job' training to make sure you're fully prepared to deliver the highest quality care possible.
So, what will you be doing?
- Working with patients to coach and train them to effectively manage their own care
- Working with health care professionals to revalidate training in enteral care
- Empowering patients to live to their full potential
- Communicating with patients to highlight and overcome any mental barriers and concerns they are experiencing
- Liaising with NHS centres to ensure the best level of care is being delivered
- Following quality procedures including infection control and safe-guarding precautions
- Delivering pump training to patients and carers
- Troubleshooting pump issues both in person and over the phone
- Managing diary to ensure patient requirements are fulfilled, working Monday to Friday 8.45am-5.15pm.
What kind of experience will you need?
- You'll need to have great interpersonal skills and be an approachable and friendly personality whilst dealing with the patient
- Experience of NHS trusts and NHS standards of working
- You'll need to be happy to spend up to 2 hours in the car travelling from visit to visit
- A decent grasp of technology including using a smartphone and laptop
- Working independently and as part of a team
- Managing your own diary
What about Skills and Qualifications?
- The capability and motivation to coach and train
- Full driving license
- An NMC Registered PIN
Interested in hearing more? We'd love to hear from you. Please make an application today or feel free to give our friendly team of recruitment specialists a call on 01283 753220.