POSITION: Building Services Engineer (Electrical Bias)
LOCATION: Bridgend, Wales
Rullion are working with a leading European Engineering services provider in search for an Electrically biased Building Services Engineer in Bridgend, Wales
Our client specialises in Industrial Services, Facilities Management and Building services with key contracts and Framework agreements in the Aerospace, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Nuclear and Manufacturing industries, as well as; Schools, Universities, Galleries and Museums.
- The engineer is part of an intermate electrically biased team.
- Carry out Mechanical, Electrical and Building Fabric Planned Preventative Maintenance
- (PPM), Reactive Maintenance and extra works including emergencies in accordance with the
- contract requirements.
- Provide the first line support for the site and client requirements.
- Support a Centre of Excellence delivery across all M&E and Building Fabric activities.
The knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience relevant to the position are:
- Formal Electrical Apprenticeship.
- City & Guilds Parts 1 and 2 (Electrical Installation 2360) or recognised equivalent; or
- Institute of Electrical Engineers (I.E.E) Registration or recognised equivalent; or
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations
- GCSE (or 'O' Level equivalent) passes in Maths and English or recognised equivalent; and
- Experience with similar maintenance duties including fault diagnosis, rectification.
- Experienced in electrical installation work, plus electrical testing and inspection
- Experience with Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) and standby generation systems
- Maintaining critical equipment, Chillers, HVAC systems, BMS, and process water systems.
- Willingness to carry out general fabric duties as required
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment.
- 5 years experience within a critical environment.
- A good knowledge of trades - plumbing, electrical, HVAC systems, controls and refrigeration.
- Experience in working with hand held technology and helpdesk
- Fault diagnoses and rectification experience
- Be conversant with current Health and Safety Legislation
- Prior experience with permits to work (authorised person electrically / mechanically)
- HNC/HND in Electrical biased Building services endorsement
- Experienced in High Voltage switching
- ACoP L8
If you would be interested in this opportunity then please submit your CV today or contact Mark Fineran at our Head Office. GOOD LUCK!
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.