LV= Motor Claims have got a rare and exciting opportunity for a Senior Claims Consultant to join the Technical Claims Team at one of our multi-site offices in Croydon, Brentwood, Ipswich, Bournemouth or Leeds; although we can also offer flexibility with an element of working from home and/or compressed hours. As one of the most senior members of the department it will be your responsibility to not only handle the most complex of cases from cradle to grave, but to impart your knowledge to the rest of the department by way of coaching, mentoring and referral support.
Exciting things are happening at LV= General Insurance (GI). Having recently joined forces with Allianz, we're proud to now be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK. Working with a new energy, we're shifting gear and transforming our company, industry and beyond. And we're just getting started.Talk to us about flexible working...
When it comes to flexible working, we'll do our best to accommodate your needs. At LV= General Insurance many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, from part-time, flexi-time, job shares, an element of working from home or compressed hours.
We want the best people working at our organisation and we recognise that those people aren't always available full-time.
So if you need any adjustments, let us know during your interview. If it's right for our customers, our business and for you, then we'll do everything we can to make it happen.About You
- You will already have a proven track record of handling personal injury claims of the utmost severity (in excess of £5 million) to include - but not limited to - Severe Brain Injury, Spinal cord paralysis (Tetraplegia / Paraplegia), Complex Neurological injury (brachial plexus / FND et al), Somatoform Disorders/Chronic pain/Fibromyalgia, etc.
- Ideally from a motor insurance background.
- Strong Indemnity and Liability knowledge.
- Detailed working knowledge of current legislation and working practices.
- Fully conversant with the principles of the Serious Injury Guide.
- As a Senior Claims Consultant you will be able to demonstrate a great deal of proactive thinking, and display strong negotiation skills. You will be confident to direct and actively participate in conferences with Counsel/Solicitors, Joint Settlement Meetings and market events.
- Working knowledge of PPO's.
- Understand Fundamental Dishonesty principles, and hold knowledge of how to build such a defence.
- Have a drive to develop those around you and assist the Technical Claims Manager/Head of Technical Claims to support a market leading department.
- Have an eye for emerging trends and able to develop 'outside the box' ideas.
- Good IT skills - notably with experience of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
Why Work for Us?
- You will manage a portfolio of high value cases (in excess of £5 million) from first notification to settlement.
- You will act as a technical referral point for more junior Technical Claims colleagues, so will suit a candidate with strong mentoring and coaching skills.
- You will both participate in, and often lead role associated projects.
- At times you may be asked to attend market events, representing the interests of LV= GI Claims.
- To contribute to setting, implementing, embedding and monitoring of technical standards within both the Technical Claims Team and wider GI Claims area.
Exciting things are happening at LV= General Insurance (GI). Having recently joined forces with Allianz, we're proud to now be one of the largest personal insurers in the UK. Working with a new energy, we're shifting gear and transforming our company, industry and beyond. And we're just getting started.
Driven by pride and passion, we will always do the right thing to inspire trust in our people and our customers. That's why we've made it our mission to become Britain's best loved insurer, by helping people look after what they love. Apply
If you share our ambition and our passion, join us on our journey. You can help us shape our new future together.About the Rewards
This role is a Band C in the LV= Structure. To find out more about our bands, view our FAQ page on our website. We want you to love what you do that's why we've put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.We'll give you:
- 30 days' holiday, with the option to buy up to 2 additional days
- A competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14% (please click here to read more about it)
- An annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- Single cover private medical insurance which you can upgrade to family cover
- A flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance)
- A generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel as well as up to 50% discount on your car insurance
To find out more about our benefits and rewards, please visit the website.
LV= are an equal opportunities employer who value a diverse and inclusive working environment. We do not discriminate and we recognise and embrace that people work in different ways.
We value alternative viewpoints, celebrate individuality and foster a culture where everyone feels respected for their individual contribution and is able to bring their true self to work.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don't forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook.