We are looking for a commercial accountant to join Footasylum, who will partnering specifically with our e-commerce team. We have a successful e-commerce department, which has grown and developed significantly over the last few years.
This is an opportunity to help impact the financial operational elements to e-commerce, ensuring spend efficiency by working across the department and finance. You will be the pivot that confirms that digital marketing spend and budget are aligned to financial forecasting, to maximise sales.
Our e-commerce team is a significant part of our multi-channel offering to our consumers. The team is made up of a number of colleagues that have helped drive our digital offering to our consumers, in a personalised and succinct fashion. This role will work with the senior leaders in the department, to help drive the financial and commercial targets which will ultimately help improve sales and profitability.
You will be an experienced Commercial Accountant, ideally with experience working within a retail / ecommerce or FMCG background. Part or newly qualified with CIMA / ACCA / ACA, you will have an excellent grasp of the importance of business partnering. The role will work across different departments and effective communication skills will be key.
We recognise and value the importance of diversity to help make sure we have lots of different perspectives when we are delivering training solutions. We know that this will help us understand our issues and solutions in more depth, which our colleagues will love. This is great news for our business. Diversity for us is also, importantly, about building happy teams full of people that want to learn and want to be inspired by each other and our different experiences.
We review applications on an individual basis, and if we feel you would be a good fit we'll invite you to e-meet with one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists for an informal chat about the role over a phone call or Microsoft Teams, and to see if we're a good fit for you.
With the COVID-19 situation our teams are mostly working remotely, adjusting to this new way of working as best we can - and as such we'll help make the interview process is as clear and stress-free as possible, giving you the same opportunity as if we were meeting face to face.
- Departmental costs - ensure spend efficiency by working with the E-commerce and wider Finance team (e.g. carrier, postage, marketing spend, etc.)
- Ensure digital marketing spend and budget are aligned to financial forecasting to maximise sales.
- Work with the warehouse to manage staffing levels in line with realistic expectations, to maximise CPU efficiency whilst maintaining a suitable service level
- Assist in the negotiation of contracts - Card fees, carriers, tech etc.
- Financial modelling and forecasting
- Commercial contract reviews - tendering out current contracts before they expire/auto renew
- Contribution reporting - Daily P&L down to contribution
- Budgets & forecasts - work with finance and the team to set realistic budgets and forecasts which are then flowed down through the team. Sales (gross & net), orders, units, channel, CPA's etc...
- 6 weeks rolling forward to be shared with Finance and the warehouse - work with finance to build R&Os in as and when they arise
- Review monthly P&L
- Analysis - Profitability, margins, pricing, product mix
- Country analysis (product, conversion, conversion funnels, AOV)
- Promo analysis
- Spend trackers