Searching for your next adventure? Looking to join a growing company with great prospects? Then come and join our busy Harrogate
store as our new Assistant Store Manager! Outdoor and Cycle Concepts is made up of the well-known high street brands Snow+ Rock, Cotswold Outdoor and Runners Need, and together we dedicate our time to encouraging everyone to enjoy the outdoors sustainably.
You might think that retail is a tough industry and you?re right! But we?re uniquely positioned, supported by world leading brands, to encourage everybody to get outside. We?ve already supported millions of customers to take advantage of their new love for the outdoors during lockdown and we?re there to support the nation with Staycation UK. As you can tell we have big ambitions for the future and our management team play a big role in achieving those ambitions.
We won?t see you as a number, we will see you as part of our outdoor family. We invest in our talent and will help you conquer your goals.
Be bold. Be brave. Join us!
Assistant Store Managers work closely as part of the management team to help motivate and manage the store team. Working across the store your main areas of focus will include: Overseeing Daily Store Operations
Providing a Delightful Customer Journey
- Increasing profitability using effective merchandising and utilisation of selling space
- Presenting new ideas to the Store Manager on how to increase profitability in store
- Assisting with financial, security and administrative procedures (including stock counts, company audits, security of cash and banking procedures)
- Taking accountability for the security of the store premises
- Stepping in for the Store Manager in their absence
People Management and Development
- Making decisions based on customer satisfaction
- Helping to maintain the correct levels of stock in store
- Supporting the customer, listening to their needs and wants to make an informed suggestion on the best product to meet their requirements
- Implementing promotions and campaigns in a timely manner as instructed by the store manager
- Supporting the Store Manager with the recruitment of new store experts
- Coaching the store team both as a group and individually, making sure people reach their maximum potential and feel supported to reach their professional goals
- Assisting with the planning and organisation of staff to ensure appropriate levels of coverage
We?re looking for someone who?s willing to embrace our company values and meets the following criteria:
- Strong knowledge of a retail environment
- Good communications and customer service skills
- Experience managing and working as part of a team
- Passion for the outdoors
- For the right individual we offer a relocation support package
Our people live our values and love the outdoors so we hold weekly running clubs and encourage outdoor meetings as well as partnering with loads of amazing brands such as The National Trust, The Ramblers and many more! Alongside these we offer great benefits including a generous staff discount scheme, up to 33 days annual leave (with the option to buy and sell additional annual leave) and substantial Long Service Awards.
At Outdoor and Cycle Concepts we believe people are happier when they escape outside. Want to join our team and inspire the nation?