About the team
A career in our Mid Markets practice, within Deals' Business Restructuring Services ("BRS") team, will provide you with the opportunity to support a wide range of businesses and their stakeholders from a variety of sectors, to navigate through some form of stress or crisis situation to rapidly stabilise the position provide time to implement its chosen strategy.
In joining, you'll join a team of c.55 people across our Birmingham and East Midlands offices acting as advisors to support clients and lenders with various services, including review and challenge of cash flow forecasts and business plans, identifying options to underpin a viable business strategy, finding ways to reduce costs within the business, restructure the balance sheet or refinance to find an alternative source of capital to support their business objectives. Whatever the solution, we help them manage road blocks until the job is done.
Other areas within our Business Restructuring Services, with which there will be opportunity to work, include supporting clients with operational restructuring, corporate simplification, debt advisory, services to the public sector, pensions advisory, real estate and Accelerated Mergers & Acquisitions.
About the role
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive situational and industry experience, helping our clients solve complex business issues, from strategic planning and stakeholder management to execution and implementation. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working in and often leading small project teams for bespoke clients and situations, while reporting to Senior Managers and above
- Be involved in the critical financial analysis of client forecasts and client business plans to underpin an improvement in forecast performance
- Assess and develop options based on financial analysis, and project manage these to deliver a solution for a client
- Engage in often complex stakeholder discussion and negotiation to support a client strategic objective
- Producing reports / presentations to a range of clients and stakeholders, across both advisory and executory (ie insolvency) appointments
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients and be prepared to network with potential new clients, lawyers and lenders
- Contribute to the development of your own and your team's technical acumen
- Develop strategies to solve complex technical challenges in innovative ways, bringing new technology to client situations
- Assist in the management and delivery of larger projects in complex and bespoke client situations, working cross-Line-of-Service with other PwC teams
- Train, coach, and supervise staff
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues, and have the opportunity to take an interest in specific industries / sectors
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
Essential skills and experience
- Preferred - ACA/ACCA qualified
- Sound financial analytical skills, including use of Microsoft Excel
- Strong commercial awareness in restructuring and/or insolvency, plus a genuine interest in how businesses work
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with all levels
- Flexibility in terms of diverse industries and role
- Willingness to participate in marketing and business development
- A commitment to continued personal development
- Proven project and time management skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Flexibility where required as to working location
- Report writing skills including use of Microsoft Powerpoint (Including Smart preferred but not essential)
Who we are looking for
An ambitious and enthusiastic member of the team, with the ability to communicate at any level or grade. We are looking for someone who is keen to learn, who can think on their feet, and apply their knowledge in a pressurised working environment.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
To apply, please visit our website via the button below.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.