Transport Team Leader
Are you a motivated, organised individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our Service Users and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes ... we're keen to Kinect with you!
This purpose of this role is to provide a positive, engaging and supportive approach, to our team of licenced drivers and passenger assistants, ensuring that the service we provide to our staff and service users alike, is efficient, responsive and memorable.
At Kinect, we have a fleet of over 60 vehicles and 170 Transport staff delivering key transportation services to our Service Users, making a difference to their lives every single day. We attract and retain great talent provide unrivalled opportunity for personal and professional development - We really are a fantastic place to work!
If this sounds like a team you would like to join, then keep reading...We make promises to our Service Users everyday and we'll make promises to you too.Key requirements of this role include:
- Quarterly 121's with all staff.
- Coordinate all training requirements for staff.
- Sharing responsibility for 'out of hours' telephone calls.
- Ensuring that all staff are correctly badged and licenced.
- To act as a cover driver/passenger assistant in case of staff absences.
- Interviewing of new staff and return to work interviews following staff absences.
- Act as the first point of contact for staff for Management, HR and route based issues.
- Familiarise yourself with your individual team members, routes and service users as a priority.
- Conduct spot checks of staff and vehicles, ensuring that relevant legislation compliance is maintained.
- Manage relationships effectively, ensuring efficient communication and feedback is delivered to the Drivers, Passenger Assistants, the Transport Team and Senior Management.
We'll also need you to be Restricted Private Hire licenced to drive 8 seater vehicles, through Uttlesford District Council. Don't worry if you don't have this licence, because we will happily put you through this process and cover all of the costs.In order to ensure an efficient service to our clients, we will also need your assistance and expertise working with our fleet manager, which will include:
What will you get in return?
- Vehicle collections and deliveries, attending services, repairs and MOT's.
- Vehicles movements in consultation with theFleet Manager and Transport Coordinator.
- Company pension scheme.
- Company laptop and mobile phone.
- 28 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Use of a company vehicle or paid mileage expenses.
- Unrivalled Personal and Career Development opportunities.
This role is full time (40 hours per week) Monday to Friday, although flexibility will be required in terms of the actual hours worked, with time off in lieu available. What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
Kinect Services is committed to providing fair recruitment practice and equality of opportunity for all employees and we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination. All employees, both current and potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect.