Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is one of the largest independent aerospace and defence companies in the world delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea.
Since 1909, we have been valued for our integrity, performance and customer focus which we have demonstrated through our innovative solutions and ability to deliver on time and to cost.
We specialise in the conversion and modification of military, civil and business aircraft, alongside defence vehicle engineering and shelter manufacture. Our capabilities include engineering design, manufacture, test and the provision of personnel, training and advice, whilst providing maintenance, integration and product support.
Marshall Aerospace and Defence Group is part of the Marshall Group of Companies that employs over 6,000 people with a turnover in excess of £2.7bn.
We are a respected total solutions provider for the military and commercial sectors.Job Description
We are looking to recruit an experienced Finance Business Partner to join our Marshall Land Systems Business Unit based in Cambridge.
This is a critical role within our finance team as we continue along a path of rapid growth and transformation. The role will involve working closely with senior stakeholders to support our delivery functions (Operations, Engineering and Procurement) in a finance business partnering capacity and also work closely with the Financial Controller and Finance Director on transformation and Improvement projects
The ideal candidate for this role will have a broad accounting and business partnering experience and be at least 3yrs post qualified. Previous industry experience is not critical but the candidate must be able to demonstrate how they have added real value in their current role. They will be passionate about continuous improvement and be able to pick up new systems and process quickly.Key Responsibilities:
- Business partnering, providing finance leadership, governance, advice and information to support the achievement of business target
- Ownership of multiple improvement projects to help build our business capability in readiness for the rapid growth expected
- Work with the finance team to help deliver month end processes and reporting
- Become the business cost champion, conducting detailed cost reviews and working with the business to generate and deliver against cost efficiency initiatives
- Support Risk Management across the business, driving better capture and mitigation of risks
- Strengthening our adherence to the existing controls framework and introducing proper tracking and reporting against those controls
- Good technical accounting ability and post-qualification experience, with proven experience finance partnering experience;
- Exceptional data manipulation and Excel skills, with a high level of attention to detail and ability to keep track of and forecast cost;
- Desire to drive continuous improvement into existing processes;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, clear and concise thought processes and the ability to lead others to a conclusion;
- Preparation of high-quality financial analysis and reports for key internal stakeholders;
- Self-motivation and proactive approach to work, as this role requires a high degree of autonomy and independent thought to identify and creatively solve problems;
- Working and engaging with non-finance colleagues and managing differing interests.
- Qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either a SC (Security Check), Disclosure Scotland Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment. Access to US technical data by employees requires prior Trade Control function approval. Clearance must be carried out against all applicable US export control authorisations.