Procurement Category Manager
West Midlands - remote working
Grafton Recruitment are working on a fantastic opportunity on behalf of a Public Sector Organisation to recruit 4 x Procurement Category Managers to focus on the full spectrum of tender and contract management activities.
The purpose of the role is to support the Head of Procurement with the delivery of the procurement programme and will provide ongoing contract management support.
The role will be required to support and manage the delivery of a number of categories.
The ideal candidate will have strong commercial acumen, experience in contract management and previous experience in both public and private sector within a procurement function.
The successful Procurement Category Manager will be required to:
Manage a portfolio of procurements in the project procurement to meet time, budget, quality and resource parameters in accordance with good professional practices, legislative requirements, company policies and procedures, OJEU thresholds and public purchasing regulations.
* Advise on procurement strategy options, evidenced by best practice examples or fit for purpose examples.
* Work collaboratively with government and council procurement teams to implement an efficient and effective working relationship.
* Provide research and specialist advice on complex procurements including procurement led elements of sponsorship.
* Participate and assist in the effective negotiation of tenders to secure goods and services on the most advantageous value for money terms, via procurement strategies or VIK sponsorship deals.
* Effective and appropriate management of key stakeholders and key operational staff to meet project outcomes and changing organisational needs relevant to the nominated divisions
* Provide advice and guidance to internal stakeholders in relation to effective contract management
* Provide an audit service in relation to contract management compliance across the nominated divisions
To be considered for the role, you must have previous experience in the following:
* Contract procurement management ideally within events or the sports sector
* OJEU thresholds and public purchasing regulations
* Experience with procurement framework - large volume purchasing
* Sound knowledge of Public Sector procurement practices
* Outstanding influential & analytical skills
* Hold CIPS qualifications
* Possess advanced IT skills
* 25 days holidays + 8 bank holidays
* Enhanced pension
* Remote working
* An opportunity to work on some prestigious procurement projects within international sports & events arena
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this role, please click on the link provided. If you would like any further information about this vacancy before applying, please feel free to contact our Leicester office and ask for Kate Kirszak.