Category Manager (Business Services)NHS Shared Business Services
Are you a procurement whiz looking to take the next step in advancing your career?
If you want to fulfil your potential and work with leading public sector organisations, contributing to cutting edge digital transformation then this is the organisation for you. We have e
xcellent career growth opportunities available within sector!Compensation:
25days A/L, 4-5% matched Pension, Life Assurance (4xsal) + additional 3% flex fund to spend on benefits like gym membership, company shares, or even to buy additional annual leave Location:
Established in 2005, we are now the UK's leading provider of business services to the NHS, which include Finance & Accounting, Procurement and Employment Services. Employing over 1,750 people with a unique mix of NHS and commercial expertise, and with over 140 healthcare providers and arm's length bodies - and every single commissioning organisation in the country - trusting us to manage at least one of their corporate functions.By working together we ensure that business services are aligned to the Health Secretary's vision for a future, technology-enabled NHS, we can save more time and money than ever before - hours and pounds that are far better spent on patient care.The Position
We are looking for a Category Manager with exceptional relationship management, influencing, negotiation and communication skills for this permanent role. This is an exciting opportunity for you to represent the Business Services Portfolio (within Strategic Sourcing) as a progressive, proactive and responsive manager, generating innovative procurement solutions for the NHS and wider public sector.Key responsibilities
- ?Deliver a portfolio of projects / Frameworks within Business Services as agreed with NHS SBS client stakeholders, on time and to their expectations
- Awareness of national developments within the NHS and developments in the Business Services marketplace
- To take the lead in the (Business Services Portfolio) of projects as directed and become a Subject Matter Expert in identified areas
- To consistently meet best value for money by the effective sourcing of services and goods, and to ensure that key performance objectives are identified and strategies are in place to enable procurement performance to be monitored
- To maximise contract compliance and to ensure that all procurement activities are in accordance with legislation, EU Procurement Directives, environmental and sustainability requirements
- To be responsible for the developing, implementing, monitoring, and reviewing of procurement strategies for allocated commodities through detailed demand/market analysis to ensure continual improvement and innovation in service delivery.
Even more reasons to apply
- Public Sector and European procurement knowledge and experience including negotiation skills, knowledge of strategic sourcing methodologies, knowledge of supply chain, contract law, dispute resolution processes
- Strong understanding of how Frameworks work
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and stakeholder influencing skills
- Knowledge of procurement legislation
- Operates to Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply code of ethics
- MCIPS qualified (or working towards)
- Track record of working with Frameworks; ideally experience of taking Business / Corporate Services Frameworks to the market
Find out more
- Apply for a Blue light card - take advantage of the huge number of online and high street discounts available for the NHS, Emergency Services, and Armed Forces.
- Office situated close to Salford Quays - Great transport links to and from Manchester
- Free onsite park parking available
- Your mental health is important to us, we have trained mental health first aiders onsite to help you when you need it most
- Sustainability is really important to us, in fact we are within the top 1% of companies worldwide tackling climate change and managing our emissions
- Working towards "Great Place to Work" status - We are dedicated to making NHS SBS a great place to work!
Visit the NHS SBS website and the NHS SBS LinkedIn company page.