An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Property Assistant to join the Domestic Property department in our Beverley office.IntroductionWilkin Chapman LLP
is the largest law firm in Lincolnshire and East Yorkshire, providing a wide range of legal services to both businesses and individuals. The Firm regularly achieves department and individual recommendations in the UK's leading legal directories and is ranked 106 in the top 200 UK law firms by turnover. The Role
The successful applicant will provide administrative support for the team, setting files up for completion, dealing with stamp duty returns, liaising with various outside contacts and assisting with routine enquiries.Duties:
Duties will include:
- Assisting and when required taking responsibility for files/parts of files as requested by the conveyancing team, particularly the post completion documents for registration.
- If necessary, liaising with clients on files and dealing with routine and difficult enquiries professionally and promptly to the complete satisfaction of the client. Seeking advice and guidance where necessary.
- Assisting with routine enquiries from telephone callers and visitors effectively, efficiently and professionally.
- Conveying messages clearly, quickly and accurately.
- Assisting designated fee earners in the daily running of the conveyancing department to include contact with estate agents, clients, solicitors and outside agents.
- The drafting of documents including completion statements, accounts, letters and general domestic conveyancing work.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate:
- A proven ability to be able to work accurately and under pressure
- An ability to show initiative and establish positive working relationships with colleagues
- Excellent communication and client care skills
- Excellent organisation and administration skills
- Competent IT user
- An eye for detail
- Understanding and adoption of the Firm's values and behaviours.