The Finance Underwriting Team at ALD Automotive is responsible for evaluating credit applications and making decisions regarding whether to approve an applicant for requested finance. It is important that the decision making process is in line with business, regulatory and risk appetite and within agreed service level agreements.
To support clear audit trails of our end to end process it is necessary to document all justifications on credit decisions ensuring that they are compliant with the credit approval process and are in line with delegated credit authorities. The department is key to protecting the company from undue risk whilst providing great customer serviceDue to a combination of increased workload and maternity we're currently seeking two additional colleagues, in the first instance these will be offered as Fixed Term Contracts (6 & 9Mths) whilst the ongoing need is assessed. Purpose
- Assess and make decisions on Consumer and SME credit applications in line with business risk appetite and company policy and procedures.
- Protect the company from undue credit and regulatory risk
- Respond to customer requests ensuring that all relevant information is communicated clearly and accurately
- Evaluate and decision upon consumer and SME credit applications in line with regulation, internal company policy and service level agreements.
- Produce a robust audit trail on application decisions ensuring outcomes are compliant with the credit approval process and are in line with delegated credit authorities
- Respond timely to customer verbal and written enquiries ensuring that all relevant information is communicated in line with credit risk policy.
- Manage consumer and SME appeals effectively ensuring that all pertinent information has been considered and the best customer and business outcome is achieved.
- Timely escalation of any procedural issues or decision process to the management team.
- Achieve defined quality and efficiency standards
- Involvement in process reviews providing ideas to improve the E2E client journey.
- Knowledge of credit processes
- Broad knowledge of UK regulated and finance industry
- Excellent communication skills i.e. written, face to face, telephone
- Proven research and analytical skills
- Previous experience within a similar analytical position.
- Previous experience within the Financial Services industry Good standard in IT literacy in particular Microsoft Office applications