If you see yourself as a people person, you enjoy building relationships and providing excellent customer service, you have first-rate knowledge of housing benefit and welfare reform legislation - you belong at Bromford.
The Income Management Team are responsible for monitoring and collecting rental income. You'll have open and honest conversations with customers to help reduce debt. You will be responsible for promptly, efficiently and effectively managing former accounts, including rent, service charges, recharges and other debts. If you have experience in housing or income collection, it will help you hit the ground running.
This is an office based role and will be based in our Chipping Sodbury, Riverside Office, BS37 6JX. You will work 37.5 hours, Monday to Friday.
You will provide detailed case notes and take relevant action to ensure you recover rent arrears and recharge costs, you'll process credit balances, prepare performance reports and pursue any legal action. You'll conduct telephone interviews with potentially vulnerable customers or meet them at the office negotiating payment arrangements, which could lead to discussing sensitive issues in often difficult circumstances.
Your work will help us achieve some important targetsIn this role, we want you to bring:
- Experience in a front-line customer-facing role within a general needs housing environment, or a similar background relevant to income collection (at least two years of experience is preferable)
- Excellent communication skills, in an engaging and welcoming way
- A positive attitude and a consistent, engaged team player. Proactive and able to prioritise your workload - even if that means working on your own, you'll be a self-motivated person
- A willingness to find a solution for every customer's individual needs, including effectively negotiating repayment arrangements, sometimes in sensitive circumstances
- Great attention to detail and an excellent work ethic
- Excellent IT skills, comfortable using multiple systems and a willingness to learn new software
- Competence in the use of Microsoft packages, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Your commitment to our DNA and be a great ambassador for Bromford.
If you have previous experience in roles such as income officer, housing income officer, recovery officer, debt collection agent, debt collection handler, debt recovery officer, payments and collections officer and/or telephone collections officer, this could be the ideal role for you.Closing date for applications Friday 18th September 2020 with interviews taking place Wednesday 30th September 2020.
If this sounds like you, you'll feel right at home here. At Bromford we give both customers and colleagues the opportunity to realise their potential. In our team you'll do incredible work and be rewarded for doing so. Not just in the smiling faces of the thriving communities that you help build, but in the trust, support, training, success and friendship you'll find in our team.
If you can be bold, be honest, be you and be brilliant... you belong at Bromford. Apply now.
In addition to a competitive salary, we will offer you a fantastic benefits package. This includes; 27 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays); a choice of defined benefit and defined contribution pension schemes; trust-based flexible working, and a £500 personal allowance to spend on your choice of things like private medical cover, dental treatment and gym membership. Visit our website to see the full list.
Bromford Housing Group is committed to recruiting with care and safeguarding employees and customers, as a result we will carry out pre-employment checks. The nature of these checks will vary according to the role applied for, and may include details of current/previous employment, unspent criminal convictions, education and proof of relevant qualifications. We will also be asking for references for everyone who is offered employment with us which must cover the last two years. In addition to this, all employees will be asked for evidence of their right to live and work in the UK - further information is available on the UK Government website.We do not require recruitment agency support at this time.