Vacancy - Finance Director, Surya FoodsStatus: Full Time / Permanent Salary: £ 80,000 - £ 90,000 per annum Location: Harwich, Essex.Reporting to: Group CFO
Surya Foods is one of the largest suppliers of authentic world foods in the UK and the company behind the fastest growing rice brand, Laila - part of the rapidly expanding, family run Flying Trade Group (FTG) which boasts an annual UK turnover in excess of £160-million, operating in over 30 countries. Impressive growth has seen FTG enter the 2018 Sunday Times Top Track 250 league tables and the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2019 and in 2020 company sales are already growing at 28%.
We supply 100's of products into supermarket giants Tesco, Asda, Sainsbury's, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Co-Op & Iceland. We supply key customers such as Bestway, Brakes and Bidfood in our ever growing food service channel. We also supply over 1000 independent retail accounts across the UK which is the heartbeat of our business, as well as our recently created online store selling over 2000 SKU's.
Surya Foods also represents some leading imported brands including Britannia Biscuits, FOCO, Ajinomoto and Samai among others as part of our World Foods ranges.
With rapid expansion plans over next 3 years, we are planning on launching another 100 SKU's this year, bringing new products and innovation to every sales channel. We are dramatically expanding our business with new capacity, new manufacturing capability and a much bigger commercial, marketing, buying, technical and product development team. We are embarking on a journey from specialist World Foods supplier to a leading FMCG mainstream manufacturer that is truly multi-channel and global.
To facilitate this growth and due to an internal promotion, we are seeking a Finance Director. Reporting to the CFO this is a senior management role responsible for: Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills & Qualification;
- Playing a key role in contributing to the development of the foods business strategy, ensuring that it is achievable, and supported by robust financial and commercial action plans including preparation of the divisions budgets, analysis reports
- Support the achievement of business targets by ensuring that a comprehensive monitoring system is in place for the Key Performance Indicators for business functions
- Maintain finance team of 10 or more and take action to match resource requirements to the changing needs of the business.
- Support margin management decisions through robust analysis for all commercial tenders to ensure control over pricing decisions that maximises profitable sales
- Maintain and improve aspects of management accounting and ensure information is used to drive improvements in commercial and operational performance
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting process
- Provide support with commercial impact of raw materials, commodity pricing and associated pricing decisions. Control the costing process.
- Prepare financial analysis and offer decision support for business initiatives covering commercial operations and overheads
- Manage the credit control, taxation -VAT, Customs tariff, statutory / internal audits and other financial compliances.
- A strong leader Financial Leader, qualified accountant preferably ACA / ACCA who can lead a team of 10 or more and demonstrate an understanding of the business
- Fast moving consumer products sector experience of five or more years
- Strong and effective communicator with the ability to thrive in very changeable environments and remain focused on delivering a successful result
- Excellent intellectual capacity and application with the ability to effective apply that to a variety of commercial situations
If you want to join us on our exciting journey and have the experience and dedication required to take us to the next level, we would love to hear from you.