Senior Category Manager (Commercial & Projects)Sector:
Denmark HillJob Type:
12 Month fixed term contractBand:
Equivalent to 8a/8bWorking days and hours:
37.5 hours per weekSalary:
(£52,643 to £68,891 per annum including HCAS depending on your level of experience)Bonus:
We offer a bonus scheme which pays up to 10% of salary
Skills / Experience:
- Lead and take responsibility for a delegated category or categories having a value of circa ten to twenty million pounds of annual expenditure and be an active ambassador, fostering a highly professional and responsive client service approach and act as the main point of contact for key stakeholders.
- Develop procurement strategy and implement strategic sourcing and strong stakeholder management to achieve value for money and strengthen existing relationships with key suppliers, developing the strategy for allocated strategies and setting the foundations for success
- Approved medium and long term category strategy plans in place to meet agreed clinical and operational strategy
- Defined benefits of e.Tendering realised
- All Contracts to be 100% compliant with performance monitoring in place
Develop product standardisation strategies in conjunction with clinical stakeholders Projects develired in line with the agreed KPIs and timeframes annual savings achieved
- Positive feedback from stakeholders and new external clients
- Lead the development of the team's annual work plan
- Responsible for delivering agreed procurement targets in relation to savings and category strategies
- Take responsibility for the purchase of goods and/or services, deliver portfolio of high value contracts in complex commodity areas and manage risk.
- Lead category management strategy for defined categories.
- Lead large procurement projects with clinical and non- clinical colleagues.
- Research the market to assess risk and trends.
- Provide strategic procurement knowledge across a broad spectrum of commodity areas within Clinical Procurement
- Continuously seek to introduce new and innovative products and services within the category and the stakeholders areas
- Experience in Clinical Procurement
- Experienced at working within the public sector
- Expertise in developing procurement strategy and mid to long term operational plans
- Track record of delivering cost reductions
- Expertise in Category and Contract management and EU Procurement obtained via formal training as well as significant experience
- Experience with commissioning projects
- Proven track record of resolving queries and influencing people and building collaborative partnerships with suppliers/clients