Virgo is a specialist health communications agency with deep knowledge and experience in science, drug discovery and development, healthcare, clinical practice, regulatory issues, and consumer wellness. They work in partnership with their sister agency Golin, a fully integrated practice with specialties in healthcare, corporate, and technology.
This means they can bring the best of what you would expect from a healthcare specialist agency - responsible, life-changing, and code compliant with what you would expect from the biggest consumer agencies - trendsetting, controversial, and bold.
In July 2012, Virgo HEALTH became part of Golin and has since opened offices in New York and China.
Together, the Virgo and Golin specialist healthcare practice offers clients 450 dedicated individuals spanning all key territories and over 35 countries across the world. The practice is centred in the London Virgo office with principal hubs including Chicago and New York in the US.
The healthcare/pharma comms division is looking to bring on a strong Account Manager or ideally someone ready to be promoted into a Senior Account Manager position; fully able to hit the ground running on a large global account in addition to 1 or 2 smaller accounts. This is a growth hire and you will be part of a growing team that works across product communications, internal communications, and corporate issues management - main therapy area will be cell therapy. What You'll Be Doing:
Who are you?:
- Driving day-to-day account handling, whilst providing direction, support, and coaching members of the Junior account team
- Providing clients with specific agency healthcare counsel
- Assisting with new business proposal development and pitching
- Responsible for budgetary control (trackers, fee forecasting/reconciliation, budgeting, and invoicing)
- Writing high-quality health documents, ensuring the highest standards for all client deliverables and with work that includes both traditional PR and digital/social innovation
- You are an ambitious Account Manager or newly appointed Senior Account Manager within a PR agency, looking to build upon your current knowledge within the Healthcare PR space.
- Expert in digital health/social innovation
- Possess strong project management, planning, and strategic thinking skills
- Experience managing junior colleagues as well as upwardly-manage to make best possible use of time and expertise
- Understand the strategic overview of their accounts and able to contribute to strategic planning events
- Understanding of NHS and EU healthcare systems fully trained in the ABPI Code of Practice
- Degree qualified (Ideally a science degree but not essential)
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Virgo Health. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume, we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us, unfortunately, you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search