Are you looking for a Senior Accountant role in Reading?
Yes? Well this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
Due to the recent acquisition of a small practice, our client is looking for a capable pair of hands to manage a portfolio of clients, providing them with all their accounting and tax needs.As Senior Accountant your responsibilities will include:
To be considered for this role you will have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Managing your own portfolio of limited companies, sole traders, partnerships and individuals and take full responsibility for client service delivery
- Prepare sole trader, partnership and limited company accounts
- Corporation tax returns and business tax computations
- Bookkeeping and preparation of management accounts and VAT returns
- Preparation of Forms P11d, company secretarial forms/submissions, personal tax returns as required
- Manage ad hoc special assignments as required
- Manage junior staff and provide technical support
- Participate in development of new value-added client services and the firm's marketing initiatives
- Assisting and guiding less experienced team members
- Be ACA or ACCA qualified with a minimum of 2 years' experience in an accountancy practice
- Technically able and up to date
- Sound double entry skills and able to prepare accounts from any accounting records
- Sound knowledge of VAT and business tax
- Good general IT skills including MS Office along with a working knowledge of accounting and tax software; TaxCalc Accounts Production and Business Tax, Sage, Xero and QuickBooks an advantage
- Knowledge of personal tax an advantage
- Be confident, enthusiastic and professional with the willingness to learn new skills
- Good business sense and commercially aware
- Be smart, presentable, polite and amiable
This growing practice will offer the Senior Accountant a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to grow with the firm and be an integral part of that expansion, which will undoubtedly bring career progression opportunities.
A full job spec will be available on registration.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.Submit your CV for this Senior Accountant role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.