£45,000 - £52,000
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Financial Reporting Accountant to join our busy Finance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to join a professionally qualified team focused on delivering a wide variety of financial reports to a range of stakeholders.Role
The Financial Reporting Accountant is a senior role within the Financial Reporting team and is responsible for ensuring that Group statutory accounts and accounting submissions are accurately prepared in accordance with UK GAAP and other relevant legislation, and within the applicable time frame.
As the Financial Reporting Accountant you will play a key role in providing expert advice on complex accounting matters ensuring Group statutory reporting and parental reporting requirements are met at all times.
Some other key accountabilities for the Financial Reporting Accountant will be:
- Ownership of the financial control framework.
- Balance sheet management, ensuring that all material balances are sufficiently controlled and reconciled.
- Cash flow management, including optimisation of Endsleigh's working capital cycle, and the production of accurate short and long term cash flow forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with FCA Financial Regulatory requirements as well as other applicable statutory financial legislation at all times.
- Work collaboratively, supporting the Financial Controller and the rest of the team in the achievement of team and departmental objectives, providing cover to ensure key deliverables are met during periods of colleague/ leader absence.
The Financial Reporting Accountant will have excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence others through effective communication. You will enjoy working collaboratively with others to investigate and recommend variables for key accounting entries and negotiate favourable interpretation of accounting regulations. You will also take initiative and demonstrate ownership for decision making, recommending process changes and improvements where required.
The successful Financial Reporting Account will also have:
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to instigate and implement change
- The ability to see the big picture
- Experience of working to tight immovable deadlines
- Excellent numerical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of financial legislation, regulation and accounting.
- Market, financial risk and business awareness
- International and UK GAAP standards
- High level of IT competence including an extensive knowledge of the relevant modules within Microsoft Great Plains, and expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of FCA regulatory reporting
- Knowledge of company systems and processes
- Fully qualified accountant or equivalent professional qualification applicable to role
- Relevant developed experience of statutory financial reporting (minimum of 5 years' experience is desirable)
This is a great opportunity to be part of a transforming business and you will be rewarded by a highly social team culture and competitive salary. We will offer you a fantastic benefits package which includes a defined contribution pension scheme where Endsleigh will contribute 4% of your pensionable salary increasing to 8% at 5 years' service, and rising again to 12% in year 10.
You will start with 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 27 days after 10 years' service. We also offer all colleagues the ability to buy or sell holidays if they wish to as well as giving you your Birthday off.
In addition to this we also offer:
- Life Insurance
- Access to a number of voluntary benefits
- Colleague discounts through Perkbox
- Totum student discount card via the NUS
- The opportunity to buy or sell additional holiday
- Access to our excellent facilities onsite including a gym and other sporting facilities.