Senior Project Manager / Lead Engineer - Civils RC
Scope: Self Delivery
Bridgwater (Somerset, England South West)
Laing O'Rourke / BYLOR JV has a requirement for an engineering professional who can help deliver large civil work packages on a major project, the construction of Hinkley Point C.
Hinkley is set to be the benchmark for future construction of similar projects in the UK. This is a great way to be exposed to the latest technology and digital construction methods on one of the largest projects in the UK. It is an opportunity to work with an industry leader in innovation and engineering excellence.
You will project manage your own work packages and a team of engineers using a self-delivery model, meaning excellent control over the delivery. Hinkley is a lengthy programme offering excellent stability and the chance to gain further credibility as an engineering professional. With sections of work around £200m, packages of between £10m to £20m and overall project value over £15bn this project will enhance your reputation as an engineering professional.
The work is to deliver major engineering works particularly around reinforced concrete and structures, where you will be working on some of the biggest concrete pours in the UK (Up to 9000m3).
Some of these responsibilities include:
- Working to UK engineering standards and assurance
- Full temporary works control and technical input - Formwork, propping, falsework, lifting equipment.
- Reinforced concrete (RC), structures and frames packages of work
- Responsible for the project management of the packages
- Construction methodology
- Analysing models for buildability and suggesting improvements or alternatives
- Lookaheads and feasibility of design
- Helping the engineering team to understand what is required for delivery, directly communicating to them and helping to control onsite activities
- Looking after a team of engineering professionals with line management responsibility of up to 20 direct engineering staff.
- Interfacing with the Project Director, Construction Managers, Senior Project Managers and Principal Engineers
- Opportunity to work with the digital engineering team and trial digital methods
We are looking for engineers that are interested in self-delivery projects. The sections of work are circa £200m and involve a lot of reinforced concrete and frames packages. You will be working closely with the engineering teams, commercial, planning and designer departments to ensure the best temporary works are in place and the coordination is to the highest standard.
Some transferable sectors include: Waste Water, Clean Water, Power generation infrastructure, Dams, Large scale RC builds, Stadiums, Port developments and other projects with Reinforced Concrete on a large scale.
Don't match all the criteria? We are always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.