This is an exciting development for McCormick. Construction is underway for a new condiment manufacturing facility, opening in 2021.Process Engineer Peterborough
This is a great opportunity to join our team, bringing to life our future condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK.Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive a reduction of chronic losses (e.g. Process Reliability, Yield and Scrap) through the development of standards
- Lead the prioritization of losses in the line / area / sector in collaboration with operating team
- Critically analyze processes/systems/practices to identify current gaps and opportunities for improvement
- Help troubleshoot sporadic losses and drive them to zero by establishing and improving line standards
- Focus on cost reduction programs, process improvements, and engineering service requests as well as evaluation and recommendation of process capital improvements and automation
- Provide supporting data analysis and justifications for any technology improvements and capital expenditures and feasibility studies
- Responsible for coaching and developing Technicians / Operators to improve their skills allowing them to be more effective team members.
- Work with Project Engineering to set appropriate documentation standards for vendors and contractors that will facilitate ease of use in developing training documentation for plant staff
- Maintain integrity of line level data including training, health checks, and change control. Focus includes scorecards, downtime data base, manual tracking systems and SAP master data.
- Create daily, weekly and monthly rollup and analysis for key performance metrics like Process Reliability, Productivity, Yield and Scrap
- Degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical and Industrial)
- Significant experience in a manufacturing plant environment
- Proficiency in the application of statistical methods
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, Word)
- Effective communication (both oral and written) skills with demonstrated ability to present ideas without formal authority
- Good problem-solving skills
- Demonstratable team working skills across different functions & levels
- Capability to teach and high desire to learn
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumersWhile our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our "Power of People" principle.This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.