High House Nursery is looking for qualified Pre-School Room Leader to join our friendly and happy team. A thorough understanding and knowledge of legislation including the Early Years Foundation Stage is essential. The successful candidates will have an enthusiastic and positive attitude along with excellent communication and written skills.The ability to build strong, supportive relationships with children, parents and staff and have excellent interpersonal skills and with proven supervisory and coaching experience.Role overview and responsibilities:
·Ensuring high quality childcare and education is provided in a safe and clean room.
·Ensuring she/he is a role model for staff including high levels of professionalism and standards of appearance.
·Coaching, mentoring and supervising the Nursery practitioners within the room ensuring they are fulfilling their roles and responsibilities.
·Providing support to the Nursery Manager.
·Carrying out termly supervisions, observations and cohort tracking.
·Ensuring the Early Years Foundation Stage is embedded and adhered to.
·Ensuring the room display boards and communication boards are up to date and relevant.
·Ensuring the Key Person's information is up to date.
High House is focused on providing outstanding provision to the children in our care and building the best team of staff to do so. Our family approach means that our staff team are friendly and sociable, as we believe that happy staff create the best environment for children to learn and grow. Are you passionate about contributing to children's formative years? Do you want to be part of a team which will give you opportunities to advance your career in childcare? If so, then High House is the place for you and in return for your commitment, we can offer you:
- Excellent base salary
- Generous holidays including paid Christmas closure, increased allowance with length of service and paid day-off for birthday
- A reward and recognition bonus scheme - potential £1,000 termly bonus
- Funded training courses and studies
- Paid time for parents' evenings and staff meetings/key persons meetings
- Career progression and promotion opportunities
- Enhanced DBS check and Capita annual renewal service paid for
- Employee of the Month rewards
- A generous staff discount for childcare
- Pension scheme contributions
- A uniform
This position is a full-time position and salary is dependent on experience and suitability of the successful candidate.
High House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.Background checks, references and Enhanced Disclosure and Barring checks will be requiredSkills/Qualifications:
- Level 3 (or above) full and relevant Childcare Qualification
- Minimum 2 years' post qualification
- Relevant childcare qualifications in accordance with OFSTED guidelines
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of legislation including EYFS
- Empathetic, caring and friendly
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Proven supervisory and coaching experience