The Reception Manager acts as the lead Front of House personality in the Prep School and coordinates the activities of other Reception Staff. The Reception Manager also provides the primary source of First Aid for the school.Main duties and responsibilities:
- Receive and deliver verbal and electronic communication with staff, parents and children
- Responsibility for visitors signing in and out and drawing their attention to all safety requirements
- Ensure the school register is maintained every morning and afternoon
- Receive school deliveries
- Provide primary source of first aid cover for school
- Monitor unwell children and contact parent or ambulance if necessary
- Record accident and illnesses on the information management system
- Contact parents where necessary or provide medication as required with parents'permission
- Monitor incidents and identify areas of concern or improvement to help reduce the number of incidents.
- Review First Aid policy regularly to ensure it reflects current procedures.
- Review requirement for First Aiders and arrange training courses.
- Sort and deliver mail to staff room pigeonholes.
- Undertake filing and shredding
- 'Parent Mail' system management
- Sending Letters via 'Parent Mail' (after checking their appropriateness with a member of the Senior Leadership Team)
- Compile school calendar for the end of each term
- Update website calendar
- Take minutes of H&S Meetings
Fire Register File
- Ensure the file is updated twice a day with the register.
- In the event of an evacuation, follow the procedures within.
- Account for all staff and pupils on site in the event of an evacuation and alert SLT/Fire service if anybody is unaccounted for.
- Educated to a good level of education
- Willing to undergo First Aid training
- First Aid trained
- Paediatric First Aid trained (Desirable)
- Trained in use of Auto injectors and Anaphylaxis awareness (Desirable)
- Commitment to continued professional development(CPD).(Desirable)
- Experience of managing a busy Reception
- Experience of working in a school environment (Desirable)
- Experience using a school information management system (Desirable)
- Experience using a web content management system (Desirable)
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent and proven administrative skills
- Ability to work without day-to-day supervision
- Ability to manage delegated tasks
- Resilience, patience and determination.(Desirable)
- Fully conversant with Microsoft Office software
- Experience of school Management Information systems (Desirable)
Personal competencies and qualities
- Ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and boundaries with children and young people.
- Emotional resilience in working with different situations.
- Be a role model to staff, children and the community.
- Be committed to the school and its ethos.
- Able to motivate self and others.
- Demonstrate initiative
- Reflective on own practice.