Electrical Engineer Job Description Job Title: Electrical EngineerLocation: FlintFull time, PermanentDay Work Only
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Engineer to support the Projects and Process Improvement Team (PPIT) in Flint Mill. This role will require the successful candidate to contribute and take ownership of capital projects and continuous improvement opportunities within Flint Mill and drive them to their conclusion, ensuring targets of Safety, Quality, Cost & Time are met.RESPONSIBILITIES:
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Manage and contribute to capital projects from initial feasibility study to final close out ensuring KPI's for safety, Quality, cost, & Time are met.
- Identify, develop & implement efficiency improvements for mill engineering processes & technical solutions to address manufacturing issues that arise, including energy reduction programs.
- Ability to work with a wide range of systems within the manufacturing facility including, but not limited to: PLC's & data highway systems, VSD's, DC convertors, Soft Starters, process control instrumentation, Power distribution both HV and LV.
- Supervise technical support team, including contractors, ensuring all safety requirements (Permit to Work, Risk assessments, and method statements) are suitable, sufficient and complied with.
- Co-operation with other departments such as Quality, Research and Engineering, Purchasing and Materials Management regarding specification of raw materials, semi-finished and finished products.
- To provide Electrical engineering support to the asset reliability team & the continuous manufacturing operation to ensure that the manufacturing operation meets the need of the business.
- To ensure compliance with legal and corporate safety and engineering requirements. Provide input and support to ensure compliance across the site with the Flint Site Electrical Engineering Policy.
- Other reasonable responsibilities that correspond to their abilities as directed, for example: EHS Subject Matter Expert, sMOC coordination.
- Ideally have an electrical degree or equivalent
- Relevant FMCG experience (Experience of working with high speed packaging machinery and/or paper manufacturing would be an advantage)
- High energy and drive with a proactive and analytical approach and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Problem solving skills are essential, as is the ability to embrace a team environment and to develop / coach those within the mill to achieve the overall aims of the Business. They will have a proven track record in delivery to plan with an ability to drive forward innovative solutions that will continually improve performance.
- Safety - a comprehensive knowledge, and working understanding in the practical application of EN13849 & BS7671as well as be familiar with the use and completion of Machinery Risk Assessments.
- Experience of working with high speed packaging machinery, (being able to visualise and hypothesise what is happening by observing consequences and relating this to the software rather than by actually seeing what is happening). A knowledge of machine networks, Ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Sercos and the use of these networks in a machine control environment is necessary.
- A deep understanding of OEE and its component parts to be able to identify gaps and more importantly the opportunities.
- Developing functional specifications (FDS) and be able to convert this into workable and robust software solutions. A knowledge of ladder logic, servos and their software functions, screens and operator interface development is required.
- The software packages used primarily are ControLogix, RSView & FT Studio (Panel Builder)
- We'll support your career development plans with coaching, feedback and development opportunities
- Salary to attract the best - negotiable based on experience
- 12% bonus
- Generous pension contributions
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday plus holiday trading (buy or sell an extra 5 days per year)
You can also tailor your package with a range of flexible benefits including:
Sound like the next step in your career or want to know more? Just click apply, and I'll be in touch!
- Life assurance
- Share scheme options
- Critical illness cover
- Discounts on gym memberships
- Travel insurance
- And much more!
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: Primary Location
United Kingdom -Flint Additional Locations Worker Type
Employee Worker Sub-Type
Regular Time Type