JOIN BROMPTON BICYCLE IN CREATING URBAN FREEDOM FOR HAPPIER LIVES!
Our purpose is to change the way people live in cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people's freedom, improve their health and reduce society's impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975. Brompton now offers 16.5 million combinations on the bike, every one of which is still made by hand in London. It is now estimated that there are over 80,000 Brompton bikes in London. Three-time winner of the Queen's Award for Enterprise, the company sells over 45,000 bikes in 44 countries around the world every year. Sales have been growing at a fast rate with the help of Brompton Junction retail stores in London, Barcelona, Munich, Beijing, Milan, Hamburg, Shanghai, Chengdu, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Kobe and we don't plan on stopping there.The Role
A Project Manager is required to lead a mutli-disciplined team in all stages of the formalised product development and product introduction process. Reporting directly to the Head of NPI, the focus is on delivering results in the best way possible across the business, not to operate within functional boundaries - the team element is therefore crucial to success. A highly independent and self-directed individual is required to develop and maintain the delivery plans, whilst finding solutions which deliver a successful product to the market on time, cost and quality. Anticipating problems and seeking opportunities, will require prioritisation and fact-based solutions.
Projects will vary from supporting engineering and design teams, to having full end to end responsibility including working with suppliers, internal Brompton teams and customer facing staff. This role demands a very wide perspective on what it takes to deliver successful products to market and will have a high profile throughout Brompton.The Person
The successful candidate will remain confident when dealing with negative situations and encourage and influence to create tactical solutions to difficult problems that may arise. They will be required to provide high levels of leadership and support in order to help the team achieve their key objectives and meet their budgets. The ideal candidate will be able to create a network of contacts, internally and externally that will be able to provide the business with resources at reasonable cost.
The ideal person will be focused on working to deadlines and have the drive to achieve all their aims and provide results. They must use researched information when solving problems and apply logic when handling conflict. The person must always strive to work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality. They must bring a sense urgency to situations and demonstrate an active approach daily and get involved in order to increase the pace of projects
The ideal person will enjoy working with and through people and have the drive to achieve results through a logical approach to tasks. The job will require the candidate to be able to actively influence and motivate a variety of people, enjoy challenging situations and can work within the broad parameters of the business. The successful person will be self-confident, friendly, persuasive, consistent, flexible, self-disciplined, active and positive.Main duties
- No direct reports, but acts as a lead to the entire development team. Balancing the needs of the team to deliver the best solution for the product development.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time and within scope of specification, cost and quality.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Translate scope and requirements into tasks, schedule and assign tasks
- Track and analyse the budget, schedule and scope of multiple concurrent projects; and understand and prioritise, risks and issues, and escalate when required.
- Co-ordinate risk analysis, product testing and error management
Only Applications from people with the right to work in the UK will be considered.
Job requirementsSkills and Experience
- Good knowledge of the bike industry
- Background in product development and previous project management experience
- Ability to create project plans, manage costs and drive team performance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Engineering or Management discipline preferred)
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Ability to work with different functions across the business and network builder.
- Strong influencing skills
- Hands-on attitude
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Experienced user of SharePoint and MS Office tool-set (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project).
- The possession of leadership and motivational skills will be vital to success in this function.
- Must establish and cultivate long-term relationships
- The creation of a positive and friendly work place will be expected for this role
- The candidate will be able to work willingly with others.
- Influencing and motivational skills are critical requirements for this role
- A degree of strategic expertise and commercial vision is needed for this role
- The job will, when necessary, call for the handling of objections with confidence.
- Problem solving capabilities will often be demanded of the person in this role
- Reasonable experience and skills in dealing with opposition and strong characters will be essential
- A thorough, disciplined and detailed working style may be necessary for this function
- This position will best suit those who are naturally conservative
- The candidate will be expected to perform with clearly defined rules and policies in place
- Patience, leniency and stability are values that may have to be forfeited on occasions in this role
- The ability to demonstrate flexibility in approach and an anxiety to complete assignments on time are important factors for this function.