We have a fantastic opportunity for a Contract Director to lead and develop our sites in Argyll and Bute. With a background in waste, process, manufacturing or related industry, the successful Contract Director will be responsible for driving and supporting the team to measure and improve processes on site, using customer and commercial experience to drive value.
- Delivery of SHE compliance, lead safe working practices and behaviour.
- Manages the relationships with Council / Local Authorities.
- Delivery of financial targets, revised forecasts and 5 years plans.
- Delivery of full service contract compliance.
- Assists in the delivery of continuous improvement around Lifecycle, R&M and productivity.
- Assists in development of contract performance through contract variation.
Contract Director Responsibilities:
- Ensure that full service delivery complies with contractual commitments including service delivery plans, contract targets, client data and information and change protocols.
- Develop a working relationship with the client which ensures that contract delivery is recognised, as well as nurturing a commercial relationship that is flexible, based on trust/respect and able to move forward even when agreement and alignment prove challenging.
- Ownership of the SHEQ culture and behaviour for the contract.
- Ensures contract runs in compliance with internal and external safety / environmental / permit / planning processes and procedures, as well as any contract requirements.
- Ensure the timely completion of actions by the management team, identified through internal and external audits.
- Own the budget setting process and subsequent delivery of agreed financial performance on interim and full service contracts.
- Drive initiatives to improve financial and operating performance to achieve profitability goals and revenue growth.
- Realise operational excellence targets, installing a results focused performance driven culture.
- Realise productivity targets, ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Experience in a similar level role with a background in Waste, Manufacturing, Process / Chemical engineering or related industry
- A process background is essential with relevant experience in customer and commercial management.
- Proven track record of delivering process improvement and standardisation in complex B2B2C regulated service industry.
- Strong leadership and line management skills with a coaching style that gets the best out of people, balanced with an edge that is not over-tolerant of poor performance.
- Ideally degree educated with strong analytical ability.
- Established and skilled negotiator.
- Comfortable with presenting to shareholders, has impact, authority and gravitas.
- Profit responsibility for business unit(s). Experience of setting of annual profit budgets.
- In depth understanding of health, safety and environmental compliance.
- Computer literate.
Renewi PLC is a leading waste-to-product business ideally positioned to be part of the solution to some of the main environmental problems facing society today: reducing waste, avoiding pollution, and preventing the unnecessary use of finite natural resources.
The UK Services Division of Renewi PLC employs approximately 600 employees over 390locations and collectively we handle more than 1.97 million tonnes of waste annually, achieving a 73% recycling and recovery rate.
As a Group, Renewi PLC employs approximately 8,000 employees over 162 locations in 6 countries in Europe. Collectively we handle more than 13 million tonnes of waste annually, achieve a 91% recycling and recovery rate and avoid 3 million tonnes of carbon pollution. We have the broadest range of waste-to-product services in the industry. Above all, our team is committed and passionate about our mission: waste no more.
Position: Full time, permanent
Location: Argyll and Bute - sites include Lochgilphead, Dunoon, Oban, Campbeltown, Rothesay.
Salary: Highly competitive salary and benefits package offered. Relocation package available.
You may have experience of the following: Contract Manager, Contracts Manager, Commercial Manager, General Manager, Operations Director, Site Manager, Waste Management, Manufacturing, Process Engineering, Chemical Engineering etc.