Team Leader -Fixed Term for 1 Year ** Internal Female Applicants Only** (MH) Mayo House - Yate, South Glos. £25,845 per annum + excellent benefits Job Ref: EG190 37.5 hours per week for 1 year Fixed Term to Cover Maternity Variety of shifts to include earlies, lates and waking nights **Internal Applicants Only
Do you want a job where every single day is different? Where every day you can make a difference to the people we support? Do you enjoy working as part of a high functioning team whilst having some responsibility for coordinating excellent standards of person-centred care? Do you enjoy being well rewarded for your efforts and having opportunities for development? If so, Mayo House could be the right place for you!
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader to join Milestones Trust. We are a not-for-profit charitable organisation with a 34 year history of offering person-centred support to vulnerable people with learning disabilities, mental health needs and dementia.
Based at Mayo House in Yate, with a basic salary of £25,845 per annum + excellent benefits, you will be responsible for working with other Team Leaders, supporting the Registered Manager and Deputy to develop and lead a large dedicated team to deliver high quality creative support to the people we care for. WHY APPLY?
Mayo House is an exciting and innovative home with a well-trained and committed staff team. The team work with people with learning disabilities and complex mental health needs, in a person-centred and individual way.
Purpose-built for the efficient practice of care, service users enjoy comfortable living areas in which to socialise and relax, with many other healthcare and lifestyle options made available as part of the service. THE ROLE:
As Team Leader, your responsibilities will include:
- To ensure that the people supported receive professional, individualized support, with a commitment to ensuring support delivered is forward-thinking, either through your own efforts or those of your team.
- To ensure that each resident has an up to date and agreed care plan which details interventions necessary; evaluating and reviewing care plans in line with policy.
- To take responsibility for the day to day management of the home when on duty, in line with Trust policies and procedures and in accordance with national best practice standards and relevant codes of conduct
The successful Team Leaderwill:
- Effective time management and work prioritisation skills and the ability to manage competing demands in a positive and proactive manner
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with team members, service users and a range of stakeholders including families and carers
- Willingness to be flexible, adaptable and positively responsive to change
- Due to the location of the home and the need to access activities within the local community, it is essential that staff are able to drive
Only - This post fulfils the requirements of a Genuine Occupational Qualification and is therefore exempt under the Equality and Diversity Act 2010 In return, we will offer you some excellent benefits including:
- Up to 26 days' holiday and 8 days' bank holiday entitlement
- Family friendly/work-life balance policies
- Company pension scheme & health cash plan (BHSF)
- Free parking at most Trust services
- Comprehensive induction and learning and development opportunities
- Access to all levels of training appropriate to your role and career progression with the Trust
We pride ourselves with being able to offer staff opportunities to develop and progress their careers within Milestones Trust. For an informal discussion about the job role please contact Cherie Smith, Home Manager, on 01454 228 246.