First Line Manager
First Line Manager
£28,560 per annum
There's no feeling quite like uniting tech lovers everywhere and we get to do it every single day. Connecting our people, our customers and our partners. We're a team of 41,000 colleagues working across nine countries to deliver excellence. Be part of framing the future with us. You'll certainly feel proud when you see what you can achieve here.
As a First Line Manager, you'll manage an operational team at our Newark Campus. Whether it's in our fast paced warehouse operation or as part of our tech loving repairs function, you'll lead your team to deliver outstanding performance. You'll be responsible for the activity of your work area, including resourcing, scheduling and training. You will give your team the training and confidence to succeed and you'll love recognising and celebrating their achievements with them.
As part of this role, you'll be responsible for:
• Leading a supportive and engaged work area delivering outstanding performance, taking accountability for all people metrics including scheduling, absence, performance and talent
• Enabling colleagues to work across various work areas in the operation to better meet changing customer needs, training and developing them to work skilfully and confidently
• Communicating with and deputising for Operations Manager, working cross functionally and supporting different work area teams as required
• Role modelling and embedding strict adherence to safe and legal working practices, complying with all Health and Safety and Security policies
You will need:
• Experience of being in a supervisory/team leadership role (a recent recognised management qualification is desirable)
• Experience of implementing operational and team plans with the ability to organise, prioritise and allocate work and translate goals into deliverable actions
• Excellent communication skills to effectively share knowledge and engage with the team, listen and respond to feedback and have (sometimes) challenging conversations with colleagues, line managers and stakeholders
• Understanding and experience of leading a team within a large organisation (ideally retail, logistics or production environments)
We're one team and we celebrate all of the great things you do. One way we show our gratitude is by giving you access to a range of lifestyle benefits, including:
• Completion of Level 3 Team Leadership Apprenticeship as part of the role
• Competitive pension scheme
• Performance related bonus
• Discounts across big brand names in retail, travel and cinema
• Store discounts in our Currys PC World, Dixons Travel and Carphone Warehouse sites,
• 6 weeks of annual leave (inclusive of bank holiday entitlement)
Beyond that, we'll be with you every step of the way, enabling you to get the most out of your role. Training plans are a given, and you'll have access to additional e-learning resources to really see your career develop in the way you want. We're building a team that brings technology to people, making their lives better, easier and fuller, and you can be part of it.
Previous applicants need not apply again for this position