To work within the service charge accounts team, preparing and finalising the reconciliations of internally certified service charge accounts to a high standard.Key Responsibilities
Skills And Knowledge
- Conducting full review of service charge expenditure and ensuring all posting errors are identified and corrected and posting journal transfers, accruals and prepayments as required.
- Maintaining the general ledger and completing reconciliations coinciding with the year-end for the service charge function, ensuring all imbalances are identified and corrected.
- Liaising with the external utility consultants to ensure electricity recharges produced are timely and accurate.
- Liaising with suppliers to resolve billing anomalies, advising the accounts payable team regarding corrections required.
- Working with Property Managers to ensure that accounts are completed with a high degree of accuracy in line with the accounts deadlines.
- Producing balancing schedules to apportion service charge expenditure on the correct basis. With reference to income billed on account, occupancy changes during the period and tenant caps.
- Completing variance analysis and producing final reports for the Property Managers approval.
- Completing reconciliation of prior agent information following new property purchases, ensuring this is dealt with in line with the sales contract. Liaising with the previous agent to resolve any issues.
- Completing the closure of the final service charge reconciliation following property sales, ensuring this is completed in line with the sales contract. Providing the closing accounts to the purchaser, resolving any queries and clearing all ledger balances.
- Acting as a key liaison with internal stakeholders on service charge matters, to resolve tenant and client queries arising following the completion of the service charge accounts.
- Other ad hoc duties as required
- Developing and maintaining active communication with colleagues
- Providing assistance to team members as required
- Experience working within Property Accounts and knowledge of service charges
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Well organised with good initiative. Ability to manage own time is essential
- Computer literate, specifically with Excel and Word
- Good attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Professional manner, ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Team player
- AAT preferred
To apply for this position, please send a CV and covering letter to Jennifer.Mouzer@savills.com
Please note, we will use your personal data to respond to your application. For further details, or to view our Privacy Notice or Group Equality & Diversity policy, see our website - savills.co.uk.
Savills is a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Savills is an accredited Living Wage Employer.
Savills is a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champion programme - ensuring all LGBTQ+ staff are accepted without exception in the workplace.
We are committed to the Working Families Fleible working scheme, supporting the diversity of candidates and offering roles which can be done flexibly from the start.