Construction EngineerEmployment Type
Bridgwater, SomersetMinimum Requirements
Are you able to work multidisciplinary in all of mechanical or piping or electrical or HVAC fields?
Do you have a degree in degree in Engineering or equivalent in Construction Management?
Are you a Chartered Engineer or working towards it?
If you have answered yes to all these questions, then we'd very much like to hear from you.Job Description
Opportunity for Construction Engineer (Building Coordinator) to work at nuclear site in Bridgwater, Somerset. The ambition of this project is to build two major nuclear plants. The successful candidate will be a part of a Project Management Team, you will be a staunch advocate of safety culture and help to embed this approach in all processes and activities undertaken on the project.
The Construction Engineer (Building Coordinator) must have proven experience in the execution of large and complex works projects under similar constraints, and extensive experience providing leadership outside their actual organisation. Extensive coordination with other departments is involved, influencing without authority skill set required.Responsibilities
The principal accountability is to support the pre-construction planning and coordination for all trades and delivery programmes when related to his building. Safety is the overriding priority for any activity performed during Pre-Construction activities which includes nuclear safety as well as Industrial Safety. Planning the work must also recognize the importance of a strong Nuclear Safety and Quality culture and the importance of a right first-time attitude.Requirements
- A Chartered Engineer or working to become a Chartered Engineer.
- Degree in Engineering or Equivalent in Construction Management or a demonstrable level of experience based on years of experience and project assignments.
- Experience in construction activities and a knowledge of Mechanical, Electrical and HVAC engineering.
- Good understanding of project planning processes and the ability to identify and resolve complex interfaces.
- Experience in the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders is an essential skill set required of the job holder.
- Previous Nuclear experience is a clear advantage, although it is acknowledged that to develop a new Nuclear Build competency within the UK, taking on board a wide experienced skills base with no prior Nuclear experience and providing the Nuclear training required, will be necessary.
- Good working knowledge in the delivery of large complex construction projects
- Ability to coordinate people and to work collaboratively in an integrated team environment
- Management of strategic planning developing construction sequencing and recovery plans.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Understanding and awareness of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Understanding of working in a Nuclear and Safety Quality Culture.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business
- Familiar with Pressurised Water Reactor (PWR) design principles.
- Working knowledge and/or experience of layout and systems in a nuclear plant.