9 Months Fixed Term Contract - Ref: 3942About the role:
Based in our ServCo Finance team and reporting to the Head of ServCo Performance and Change, your role will focus on quality financial business partnering to our Group Chief Operating officer and direct reports. Additionally, you will support the financial reporting of a large transition programme's implementation cost, as well as monitoring and reporting synergy delivery.The role will involve:
Skills, Knowledge and experience
- To be the primary Finance support for an Exco member (Group Chief Operating Officer) and direct reports understanding all expenses, recharges and income (P&Ls) with a strong commercial acumen
- To ensure a full understanding of all cost and FTE movements between forecasts and actual results
- To work closely with all stakeholders to produce robust forecasts during the forecast and AOP processes to give an accurate view of the expected Year End and future years' position for Operations functions
- Understand, monitor and report transition implementation costs and synergy delivery
- Produce meaningful and enhanced MI (numbers and commentary) appropriate to the relevant audience, highlighting risks and opportunities
- Line Manager for 3 direct reports
- Ensure the preparation of high-quality working papers and audit trails for appropriate Governance Committees, including the Commercial Management Board
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders, facilitating communication and resolving relevant issues and risk
- Actively support and deliver month end results, understanding and reporting concisely cost variance drivers in a timely manner by producing accurate and insightful MI
- Qualified commercially astute accountant with significant experience in a commercial environment, with the ability to influence, communicate effectively and to explain accountancy terms to non-accountants
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence, communicate effectively and to explain accountancy terms to non-accountants
- Ability to independently collate, analyse and interpret information including financial data, for management reporting and decision-making purposes with a demonstrable attention to detail, working to tight deadlines
- Presenting outputs where required to senior stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong communication, investigative and analytical skills with people at all levels of the organisation, being able to explain accountancy terms to non-accountants
- Strong commercial and business awareness
- Strong PC literacy, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, MS Project, Oracle and TM1
Join the Phoenix Group, and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 10 million policyholders we serve, or the £240 billion of assets we look after. Or that we've been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for seven years running. It's the fact we manage predominantly closed life funds in our Heritage business. This means we can focus our innovative thinking and energy into improving outcomes for our existing customers and their customer experience.
But that's not all. We also have an Open business which manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs. We also market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife's market leading Guaranteed Over 50's plan?
Having acquired Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2018, Phoenix is now the largest consolidator of heritage life insurance funds in Europe with a vision to be Europe's Leading Life Consolidator.N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.Closing date: Midnight, Monday 28th September 2020.