We have been retained by our client to recruit a Senior Mortgage Underwriter.
Candidates should be CeMap qualified and have a minimum of 2 years experience as a residential mortgage underwriter. Candidates will also possess buy to let mortgage experience. You will hold your own mandate.
Responsible for assessing, analysing, underwriting and processing all new buy-to-let mortgage applications from receipt through to offer of loan. You will be required to maintain service levels whilst ensuring the company's credit policy and procedures are adhered to.
- Assess the application and prepare a detailed risk analysis
- Communicate directly with financial intermediaries and customers, providing underwriting decisions and case updates
- Assess willingness and ability to pay
- Analyse bank statements and company accounts
- Review and assess valuations reports
- Collate and anaylse all documentation and assess overall risk and decision
- Assess Transfer of Equity requests
Candidates will have an indepth knowledge of the mortgage lifecycle, together with business awareness and knowledge of the buy to let mortgage industry.
Proven ability to assess and apply sound risk assessment to each stage of the application process
Ability to review and understand company accounts, cash flow forecasts and business plans