Would you like to work on some of the world's most exciting projects?
Jacobs nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors. We are involved in some of the most innovative and impressive projects across the globe, such as ITER - the world's largest fusion experiment.
We have offices in Knutsford and Warrington in Cheshire, as well as in Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria and Reading. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised. Our technical excellence and strong customer relationships put us at the forefront of our industry, along with our proven expertise in managing large, complex projects in the UK and overseas.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, colleagues and customers, collaborating to achieve outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
Jacobs Nuclear is currently recruiting for an EC&I Engineer
to join our New Nuclear & Generation Services Business. The candidate will be based in our Gloucester Office with the opportunity to travel to client sites, as required.
The candidate must be highly motivated with the ability to self-manage and drive projects forward. They will be confident when facing customers and delivering technical work, with the ability to interface between customers and third-party suppliers.
The EC&I Engineering post available is for those with demonstrable experience in delivering solutions to the civil nuclear or other highly regulated industries. Candidates will be familiar with the requirements of working in regulated industries and with providing EC&I engineering support. Experience with obsolescence management or replacing obsolete components/systems will be highly beneficial.Key responsibilities:
QualificationsEssential Skills and Experience:
- Successful execution of high-quality engineering tasks to time, quality, budget and customer satisfaction
- Input into the safety justifications of new or replacement control systems/components
- Engaging with clients to understand and develop technical requirements
- Delivering Optioneering Studies to explore solutions to customer challenges
- Providing technical oversight of third-party contractors;
- Engaging with Wood personnel such as project managers, planners, engineers and graduates as required to fulfill the tasks
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline (e.g. Electronic Engineering)
- Experience in the nuclear industry or other highly regulated industry (e.g. Oil and Gas)
- Knowledge and experience of creating requirement definitions, preferably using formal definition tools
- Understand and interpret engineering drawings and requirement specifications
- Awareness of software-based control systems
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of electrical systems, control systems and process instrumentation
- Experience with obsolescence management, including the identification of obsolete components and suitable replacements
- Knowledge of Programmable Electronics or SMART Devices
- Knowledge of relevant guidelines, standards and practices (e.g. IEC 61508 & 61513)
- Chartered / Incorporated Engineer status with a relevant professional body (or experience necessary to qualify for such)
- Experience developing control system requirements is advantageous
- Experience in the production, modification and review of User Requirement Specifications
- Experience in functional safety determination, both probabilistic and deterministic