JOIN BROMPTON BICYCLE IN CREATING URBAN FREEDOM FOR HAPPIER LIVES!
Our purpose is to change the way people live in cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere, we can make cities happier places to live. We want to increase people's freedom, improve their health and reduce society's impact on the environment. We make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975. Brompton now offers 16.5 million combinations on the bike, every one of which is still made by hand in London. It is now estimated that there are over 80,000 Brompton bikes in London. Three-time winner of the Queen's Award for Enterprise, the company sells over 45,000 bikes in 44 countries around the world every year. Sales have been growing at a fast rate with the help of Brompton Junction retail stores in London, Barcelona, Munich, Beijing, Milan, Hamburg, Shanghai, Chengdu, Amsterdam, Tokyo and Kobe and we don't plan on stopping there.
Brompton has ambitious plans for growth over the next 5 years and a key part of this is the introduction of multiple new-to-market products and the relentless refinement of existing products and processes. As part of the Reliability team within the R&D department you will play a vital role in the product development process by operating the equipment of an expanding test facility.Main duties
- Take a very hands-on approach in the day-to-day tending of tests and execution of established test methods whilst maintaining a critical eye on all aspects of the test.
- Collate, process, and analyse test data to produce concise and coherent test reports.
- Proofread teammates' test reports.
- Contribute to design of novel test methods with consideration of functional and technical specifications, test fairness and repeatability.
- Implement and run a test machine maintenance and calibration function.
Job requirementsSkills and Experience
- Has experience in a technical or laboratory environment.
- Has a high level of spoken and written technical English.
- Is tirelessly perceptive and critical of all aspects of a task or process.
- Is accustomed to keeping thorough, archivable notes.
- Is comfortable with manual labour, standing for extended periods and regularly lifting up to 25kgs.
- Is flexible and adaptable with the hunger and ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Is able to work independently and manage your own time on multiple concurrently running tasks.
- Has a sound knowledge of bicycle construction.
- Is familiar with MS Excel and data tabulation, ideally also having knowledge of data analysis and presentation tools.
- Understands the major manufacturing processes and materials.
- Has some understanding of electronics, pneumatic systems and motors.
- Can write basic Arduino code.
- Can safety use workshop machines including manual lathe.