Brompton has an ambitious target for growth over the next 5 years in which the Brompton Electric is a major part.
This role will be pivotal in the improvement of existing embedded designs to upgrade the current Brompton Electric, followed by the designing and implementation of future generations of software and electronic solutions both on and off the bike.Main duties
- To support and improve existing embedded (HW&SW) designs for the Brompton Electric
- To develop, prototype and test embedded software and electronic developments
- To work with the integration team to ensure optimal integration into bike
Skills and Requirements
- Provide development support for test fixtures
- To help improve design practices and processes within the business
- Experienced engineer with strong background in embedded software applications
- Experience using TI or Silicon Labs processors and IDE's
- Experience of firmware algorithm development and BLE
- Preferable experience of embedded electronics design
- Preferable experience with electric motors/inverter drives
- Experience with Windows based test tools
- Confidence in general software fault finding and testing
- Preferable experience of a full product lifecycle
- A hands-on practical approach.
- Ability to work in a team or alone and unsupervised as needed.
- Good understanding of engineering principals and good numeracy and arithmetic skills.
- Ability/willingness to cycle a bonus
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Punctuality and reliability are essential.
- Highly computer literate.
- An awareness of Health and Safety law and best practice.
- Right to Work in the UK.
- Some occasional international travel may be required
Ideally the individual will have the following educational and professional qualifications or experience:
- Degree education in related subjects (software/firmware engineering).
- The ability to demonstrate a solid engineering/technical background in a relevant environment.
- The ability to demonstrate hands on experience in a similar role.
- The successful candidate will have at least 5 years' experience in a relevant role.
- Experience of more than 3 years' will be considered if the experience is directly applicable to this role.