At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit (url removed) & connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook & Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defense, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Jacobs are recruiting for a Junior Project Manager to Join our EDF framework delivery team.
The Critical Mission Solutions line of business supports our key client EDF with regards their nuclear fleet in the UK and has an annual turnover in excess of £40M. This is a key role within our Project Management Resource team which is spread across our UK network. You will be part of a large client lead team at EDF's head office in Barnwood, this role will support multiple projects within their UK wide project portfolio.
Nature and Scope Jacobs are looking for an enthusiastic and structured person to work across different organisations to support the delivery of the AGR Operating Programme (AGROP). We are particularly interested in people with project management background. They need strong administrative and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to work across a number of disciplines and external partners.
AGROP is the industry wide collaborative programme to prepare for and ultimately execute the defuelling of the EDF Energy nuclear power stations. The overall objective of the programme is to complete defuelling activities safely, in a cost-effective manner and to allow economic benefit through maximum low carbon electricity generation to support the needs of the UK.
You will take responsibility for directly supporting the Programme Manager within a collaborative, cross-organisational team to define, develop, and deliver the work required for the AGROP Programme and help maintain overall programme governance and oversight.
AGROP delivery programme is now maturing and there is a strong focus on delivery and operational handover. An ability to communicate and bring structure to the work would be beneficial.
• Work as part of a team within Lifetime and Transition and AGROP PMO; reporting to AGROP Programme Manager.
• Produce monthly portfolio reporting information and support portfolio review meetings. Manage the AGROP Programmatic Risk process. This will include production of minutes, meeting material, change log and other key documentation.
• Support creation of project / portfolio documentation.
• Various ad-hoc activities to support the broad nature of work areas in the AGROP Programme
• Management and maintenance of the change control process in line with project and programme guidelines
• Management of cross organisational/programme risks and issues
• Stakeholder engagement and communication of cross programme issues.
• Support of the Modelling and Metrics team/work stream that is informing the AGROP programme by performing analysis.
• Providing accurate and timely information, data and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance, making use of earned value management where appropriate.
• Be a good team player, able to network with and communicate with teams at multiple locations.
• Experience in open scope projects which result in tangible delivery strategies would be an advantage,
• Ideally be qualified to HND/Degree standard, or an equivalent, in a relevant technical or engineering discipline with a history of on-going development.
• Possess strong oral and written communications skills with the ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels in the Company.
• A proven record of success in supporting programmes and projects in an operational and/or safety critical environment.
• A demonstrable knowledge of health and safety standards and systems in an industrial environment
• An understanding of the project lifecycle from concept to commissioning.
• Experience in using Microsoft packages in particular Excel
• The ability to work to meet business imperatives and address issues in a logical and progressive manner.
• Project Management qualification or working towards (e.g. APMP, PRINCE) desirable but not essential.
Pre-existing knowledge and experience of the nuclear industry and/or AGR plant systems would be a distinct advantage but is not essential.
- A competitive reward package.
- Work life balance
- We offer flexible working; we have core and flex hours in all our permanent office locations.
- Family friendly benefits - maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave.
- International opportunities - As a 52,000 strong community of colleagues operating in 60 countries you will have access to international career opportunities.
For your peace of mind:
We offer life assurance benefit on top of a contributory pension scheme, as well as income protection and private medical benefit. - To support you throughout your career you will have access to an Employee Assistance programme, which can offer anything from financial advice to mental health support and counselling sessions.
For our communities:
We give back to our communities, we have a matched funding community investment programme. In our global business our people are showing commitment and courage to care for the communities we operate in. You can do this by supporting causes and raising funds for charities that are important to you, your colleagues and your local area.
Note to applicants:
• This advert is not an exhaustive list of the responsibilities & activities that the job holder may be required to undertake. A full job description is available on request.
• Travel costs for non-local candidates are not paid.
• You may be expected to attend client site normal working hours Monday to Friday - 40hrs per week:
• Please provide a travel plan to Gloucester to undertake this role including salary expectation and current notice period in your cover Letter with your application
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.(url removed)
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.