9 Months Fixed Term Contract - Ref: 3932BUSINESS FUNCTIONAL LEADER - ACCOUNTING ARCHITECTURE TRANSFORMATION (AATP) PROJECT (CLOUD)About the role
To lead the business functional work stream within the Project for Phoenix Life and SLAL as it designs, builds and embeds the Oracle Financial Cloud Solution.
This includes overseeing the specification of business requirements, ensuring solution meets those requirements (as effectively as possible while adhering to the core Project design principles), leading business user testing and embedding of changes to business processes resulting from this significant change.Key Responsibilities
Key deliverables/ outcomes comprise of:
- Operate as a leader - i.e. support feasibility, finalise business requirements & design papers, contribute to proof of concept, oversee user acceptance testing, achieve business sign off and support embedding changes into business processes.
- Set up and lead a small team of business SMEs across multiple sites to deliver change working in conjunction with the programme manager and other support staff. Liaise with SME's in the business to collate inputs and validate outputs
- Support development and delivery of implementation plans, migration activities, process design, business readiness and operating model principles & procedures.
- Drive implementation of operating model and enhancements to business processes, including documentation of such processes and any changes thereto.
- Manage significant complexities throughout the end-to end process: operate with agility, flexibility and solutions-orientation. The role holder is expected to anticipate internal and/or external business challenges and recommend for solutions.
- Provide input into and influence the technical design decisions by other stakeholders, including participation on governance and architectural discussions.
- Support & challenge business SME and Delivery Partner resource to enable the optimum design of future processes while adhering to solution design principles.
- Manage multiple third party and internal stakeholder groups across the business, finance operations, tax, technology, sourcing and legal.
- Drive operational readiness through appropriate business sign off in advance of go-live.
- Manage significant inter-dependencies with other major change programmes.
- Leadership of the delivery process
- Liaise with business owners to ensure alignment of the solution with the business requirements
- Facilitate decision making with relevant business owners on behalf of the Project
- Validate LifeCo Solution Design documents
- Oversee business requirements and traceability matrix for LifeCo content
- Oversee management of LifeCo process documents
- Finalise Data Migration approach, validations and reconciliations for LifeCo objects
- Devise testing approach, scripts and SIT / UAT execution for LifeCo
- Support input into the implementation planning content for LifeCo
- Ensure reporting & integration is fit for purpose
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with extensive knowledge of finance operational and reporting processes
- Technical skills and knowledge of accounting and reporting processes in a financial services organisation (preferably, a life insurer)
- Leadership - drive staff to a common goal whilst holding them accountable for day to day delivery
- Stakeholder management, including influencing senior business leaders
- Drive relationships and must have strong experience of influencing and negotiating with others
- Act as an escalation point for resolution of complex issues or decisions
- Strong facilitation skills
- Previous experience of business functional implementation of large finance change or ERP projects
Join the Phoenix Group, and you join a unique organisation. It's not just the 10 million policyholders we serve, or the £240 billion of assets we look after. Or that we've been listed as one of the UK's Top Employers for seven years running. It's the fact we manage predominantly closed life funds in our Heritage business. This means we can focus our innovative thinking and energy into improving outcomes for our existing customers and their customer experience.
But that's not all. We also have an Open business which manufactures and underwrites new products and policies to support people saving for their future in areas such as workplace pensions and SIPPs. We also market corporate pension trustee services and manufacture products to be sold under other brands. Did you know Phoenix Life manufactures SunLife's market leading Guaranteed Over 50's plan?
Having acquired Standard Life Assurance Limited in 2018, Phoenix is now the largest consolidator of heritage life insurance funds in Europe with a vision to be Europe's Leading Life Consolidator.N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.Closing date: Midnight, Monday 28th September 2020.