Since the global network was founded in 1952 by a family of physicians, the Mundipharma network has always challenged conventional wisdom, and we expect the same from our employees. If you crave the freedom to think and work in new ways, then this is the place for you. Our flat organization allows you to make decisions and deliver results fast, which makes this an exhilarating and exciting place to work regardless of your role.
The Finance Shared Service Centre (FSSC) will be formed from the Transformation of the Finance teams throughout Cambridge. The main purpose is to provide clear direction and focus and a single hub for all accounting activities in the UK. With a focus on the processes, a desire to leverage improvements across the Finance team. The ability to harmonise systems and processes and a desire to provide career development frameworks for the R2R team.
The Financial Accountant will report to the Finance Manager (R2R) in delivering all financial and statutory accounting and reporting, financial control, budgeting and planning, tax and regulatory compliance across all IAC's within the remit of the FSSC.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Timely and accurate production of all financial and statutory accounting, reporting, tax and compliance requirements
- Efficiently and effectively deliver R2R activities to meet the agreed SLA's and KPI's and participate in operational reviews to drive continuous improvements to close any gaps in performance
- Completing all accounting and reporting requirements during the monthly/quarterly/annual close periods and ensure completeness of all financial, statutory and group accounting and reporting whilst ensuring compliance with accounting principles/standards and relevant regulations
- Ensure appropriate SLA's and KPI's for R2R processes are met according to agreed accuracy and timelines
- Timely and accurate account reconciliations of Balance Sheet control accounts supporting the financial accounting process and overall Balance Sheet management
- Posting of appropriate journal entries e.g. payroll, accruals and prepayments, fixed asset and depreciation etc
- Work closely with the FSSC AP and AR teams to ensure sub-ledgers are closed and accurate for P&L and Balance Sheet reporting purposes
- Support the Budget and Forecasting process as agreed and instructed by the Finance Manager, R2R and/or the Head of R2R
- Compiling and providing financial analysis and variance analysis as agreed and instructed by the Finance Manager R2R and/or Head of R2R
- Ensure the preparation of correct documentation for the annual finance audit
- Completion of R2R Standard Operating Procedure manuals to ensure they reflect the most up-to-date processes and controls
- Participate actively in any future financial system upgrades as appropriate.
- Ensure the establishment and maintenance of an effective business control framework, commensurate with a business of this scale.
- Support the Head of R2R and R2R Finance Managers in driving the transformation of the FSSC to promote excellence.
- Actively promote the sharing of new ideas and best practice across all areas
- Build and maintain relationships with the IACs and their respective Finance Partners and Directors to ensure effective delivery of aligned Finance business processes.
- Act as a point of escalation for Finance business leaders and ensure timely remediation of issues.
- Work alongside the GPOO to develop and report Key Performance Indicators on SLA's with a focus on providing higher quality service as well as transparency to the internal customers.
- Improve internal control environment to more efficiently monitor transaction risk and financial exposure.
- Assist in controlling operational planning by setting priorities and contents in close consultation with the responsible managers across the divisions
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure complete, timely, and accurate responses to information requests.
Who we're looking for
- University degree in Accounting or Finance
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Previous experience working within a shared service environment
- Ability to work effectively within a complex management matrix structure
- Must possess "soft skills": conflict resolution and negotiation, personal effectiveness, creative problem solving, strategic thinking, team building, and influencing skills
- High level of commitment and flexibility, poise, communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to interact with all levels, influence senior managers and be equally comfortable with senior management in cross-functional efforts
- Broad, creative, and innovating thinking and the ability to gather extensive amounts of information and synthesize into concise reports and presentations
- Previous experience working as part of a R2R team within a shared service center for Finance either in the UK or Europe preferred
- Strong financial, IT and analytical skills with an operational focus
- Proven track record of driving innovation and leading on organisational changes
- Other languages (preferable)
Do you think you could help us see what others don't? Be inquisitive and help us move medicine forward!