TEAM: FAMILY (UK)CLIENT: McDONALD'S REPORTING TO: SENIOR ACCOUNT MANAGERA BIT ABOUT US
The Marketing Store is a consumer engagement agency that believes in the power of experience to build brands. Experience is any valuable interaction between a brand and consumer, and it's the currency of 21st century marketing; consumers are placing greater value on it, technology provides brands with greater opportunity to deliver, and it's the key to unlocking huge growth.
Our core skill is therefore transforming brands, products and services into experiences. To leave lasting impressions and influence future purchasing decisions.
We do this through our expertise in the sharing of experience and the science of experience. Yet none of this can be achieved without our investment in people and culture. We're committed to breaking down silos to create more efficient and better-connected working processes. That's why we are a people-first agency, built to serve consumer-first brands.WHAT ARE OUR PEOPLE LIKE?
Our agency is home to creative problem solvers. Those who overcome any obstacle to successfully put consumer-first ideas, products and technologies into market.
People who wear their talent lightly. Willing to be part of a close community that pushes them to be better.
Because our goal is to bring people and brands closer together. Closer insights, closer connections and closer collaboration breed better, more effective work. It's this dedication to getting closer that drives us to go further.WHY WE THINK YOU WILL LOVE THIS ROLE
This Account Manager role will sit within our McDonald's UK Family client services team. This team do some incredible work with McDonald's supporting the development, production and launch of happy meal kits across multiple markets globally. No mean feat!
Of course we know that McDonald's is a global icon. A truly amazing brand recognised the world over. However, with increased competition, tough economic times and competitors copying the winning Happy Meal formula, McDonald's now has to deliver beyond the traditional toy in a box with more exciting, innovative and inspiring activation. We are constantly looking for new ways to make the Happy Meal fun and engaging experience for kids and their families. We challenge ourselves to think about which licensors we can partner with such as Universal, Hasbro, TY etc. to ensure that the promotions we offer can achieve this.
Finally, we guarantee that you will leave changed. Because we help our people achieve their goals.
So come here to experience. To experiment. To make mistakes. To challenge your own limits.WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE AGENCY
A dedicated and ambitious person you will be looking to develop your knowledge and experience within a buzzing and forward thinking marketing agency. We want you to bring a positive and enthusiastic approach to the role, be prepared to challenge and ask questions, stretch the strengths you already have (we call these superpowers), learn new skills and above all be ready to have fun!
You will be a great people person keen to make an impression on colleagues and clients, with a very high level of attention to detail in order to deliver work accurately and within timelines.
As an Account Manager you will be delivering exemplary integrated marketing campaigns.
You will work across numerous McDonald's UK Happy Meal promotions where you will have the opportunity to:
Digging deeper on the detailsClient Partnerships
- Deliver market leading integrated promotions from strategic positioning to concept to design to implementation to evaluation
- Work with some of the biggest names in the Kid's industry including; Universal, Sony, Dreamworks & Hasbro.
- Work on the retail experience for each campaign and the general family experience in McDonald's restaurants
- Oversee all aspects of these projects including development of new creative.
- Develop strong relationships with McDonald's Client Partners
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the Informal Eating Out (IEO) Sector (particularly Kids & Family), in order to apply insight and understanding to positively impact the McDonald's business
- Effective development and delivery of numerous campaigns as detailed above, working closely with McDonald's clients and all licensing partners
- Ensure all projects are managed effectively and completed on time, in budget and in line with strategic objectives & proposition
- Work with our Strategy and Licensing teams to drive the development of campaigns within and outside of the marketing calendar
- Engage in and support the Happy Meal brand planning and calendar planning processes development and implementation to deliver incremental proactive value-adding projects
- Ensure all of our campaigns live and breathe the strategic proposition developed with Strategy and McDonald's - as well as the Global Family strategy
The all-important numbers bit
- Effectively communicate across the team, maintaining a motivating and positive environment and ensuring outstanding teamwork
- Responsible for managing and reporting day-to-day costs of projects through effective financial planning, forecasting and management
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE WOULD LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Work alongside other departments internally to develop and assess inventive suggestions and solutions for promotions that are in keeping with the client's objectives
- Develop a 'good eye' for what works creatively and be able to advise accordingly
Outside of your drive, passion, ambition and fun-loving approach to everything you do, there are some things we would like you to have!
THOSE EXTRA PERKS!
- Proven ability to deliver integrated campaigns and solid experience of working with a creative development and suppliers
- A passion for Kids and Family Marketing and ideally experience with similar brands
- Good business and financial acumen
- An appreciation of great creative work and the ability to judge accordingly with research and data at the heart of it
- Excellent time management, organisation, people and project management skills
- To be an enthusiastic team member
- Excellent communication skills
- A collaborative attitude
- You will have a process driven mind-set - able to work within guidelines and to tight timelines
- Experience working on partner programmes and/or toy development would be beneficial
We are The Marketing Store and we would love to meet you!
- 'Your Hours' - flexible working for all around a core hours structure
- 22 days' holiday standard (increases year on year with service)
- An additional three days for the Christmas period
- Your birthday off and £50 cash on us!
- 3% Company pension contribution
- Private Health Cover with AXA PPP
- Dental cover with Denplan
- Annual Discretionary Performance Bonus
- 'Bike to Work' scheme
- Life Assurance at four times your annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Referral bonus for new hires
- Long Service Bonus at 5, 10, 15 years
- Socials and sports teams