Core Days: Mon - Fri, with an on call rota to cover out of hours
Core Hours: 08:00am - 17:00pm
Ideal Recruit are looking for a mobile HGV/LGV fitter to maintain and repair vehicles and various trailers. You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximum reliability and functionality.
An excellent communicator who has a good eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. You will be well-versed in the cosmetic and working systems of vehicles / trailers and have excellent problem-solving abilities.
• Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts, cosmetic repairs) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity.
• Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues.
• Keep logs on work and issues daily, ensuring 100% compliance.
• Maintain equipment and tools.
• Carry out trailer checks as required.
• Site support as required.
The contents of this job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list but to indicate the main responsibilities of the post. The job role holder will be expected to undertake additional duties commensurate with the business needs.
• Excellent knowledge of mechanical, electrical and cosmetic components.
• Ability to handle various tools.
• Excellent communicator.
• Excellent administration skills.
• FLT Licence.
• Must be flexible in approach to work and shift patterns including working weekends.
For a confidential discussion contact Nicki Roberts @ Ideal Recruit Burnley or apply online
Unfortunately due to a high number of applicants only those who are shortlisted for this position will be contacted, please take a look at our website for other positions available.