ASSISTANT STATUTORY REPORTING ACCOUNTANT | EDINBURGH
Working with an innovative Financial Services business based in Edinburgh; This is a fantastic opportunity for a Part Qualified Accountant that's ambitious and eager to join a business with a great culture where you won't stand still. Strong Excel skills and the ability to handle large data sets are a must for this role.SKILLS REQUIRED:
THE ROLE:As an Assistant Manager you will support the team as follows -
- An accounting background, you will be part-qualified and working towards a qualification with relevant experience.
- Expert in using Microsoft Excel to analyse sets of data and present outputs in a clear and insightful way
- You will be comfortable analysing and using data to improve processes - SQL and experience executing SAS reports would be highly desirable but not essential if you have advanced Excel ability.
- Strong analytical skills, and an attention to detail
- Great organisation skills - able to prioritise a varied workload and to deliver to tight deadlines, being flexible in busy periods.
- Enjoys problem solving, has an inquisitive mind and demonstrates initiative.
- Experience of working within Financial Services/Banking would be highly beneficial
- Experience with FINREP reporting or within a statutory reporting role is highly desirable.
- Production and delivery of our clients monthly, quarterly and annual deliverables using Excel and SAS data.
- Using your knowledge of SQL and Excel to provide insight on our reported positions and assurance through automated controls and reconciliations
- Ensuring that required processes are executed and appropriate governance is evidenced in line with the Financial Control Framework across and in compliance with financial control policy.
- Delivery of key projects and report / process development, working closely with our Financial Control Systems and Financial Information Management team.
- Developing strong relationships across the business, in particular with Finance and Risk partners.
To be considered for this opportunity please forward your most up to date CV ensuring you include all relevant experience for immediate consideration.