DWP. Digital with Purpose.
DWP is the UK's largest government department. We are undertaking a once-in-a-generation digital transformation that will make it easier for millions of people to access our support and services.
We're looking for ambitious, emerging IT Service Managers to join our commuity of experts and to work on our trailblazing Identity and Trust team.
Find out more on ID&T via our blog here: https://dwpdigital.blog.gov.uk/category/identity-trust/
Identity and Trust is responsible for the department's identity strategy and the associated digital services. It will provide industry leading approaches, focusing on reusable and shareable policy's and technologies to enable common citizen and department user journeys that are both responsive and personalised.
Currently made up of four multi-disciplinary development squad's, a dedicated DevOps team and a Service Management team, ID&T is a fairly new capability, established specifically to address the core Identity needs of the department and wider government.
Service management is a critical role within the team and will be active in helping to define the services we are producing. Working in an agile environment means involvement in features as they develop, supporting service design and acting as a SMT to the product teams.
You will responsibility for implementation, management and improvement of service management and include standard service management duties e.g. reporting, incident management, problem management, service level agreement (SLA) and operational level agreement (OLA) management.Duties. Work. Projects.
The roles and responsibilities for these roles include, but are not restricted to the following;
A strong candidate will be able to demonstrate the essential criteria listed below:
- Managing the performance of the Products/Services within their remit ensuring alignment to customer expectations and defined targets, and that relevant support functions remain responsive to customer needs.
- Supporting the investigation and resolution of technology and non-technology problems and issues to ensure the end-user experience is positive.
- Work collaboratively with other Product/Service teams to support the smooth integration of releases into live support.
- Perform agreed line management activities for their direct reports and ensure they are effectively undertaking equivalent activities for their subordinates.
- Responsible for quality Products/Services that meet the needs of the business.
- Provide high quality initial support for all end users, understanding and trying to resolve user issues and queries.
- Ensure the appropriate reporting mechanism and measures are in place to assure the Product/Service lifecycle, e.g. KPIs, operational levels and services levels.
Where will you work?
- Investigating patterns and trends to resolve problems, including consulting specialists where required, to determine the appropriate remedy, implementation and preventative measures.
- Understanding operational processes of running and maintaining product or service.
- Successful delivery of high quality outcomes that meet the customers' needs and gives value for money.
- Taking a positive, open approach to the possibility of change and encouraging others to do the same, in looking for ways to use technology to achieve efficient and effective results.
- Presenting strong recommendations in a timely manner outlining the consideration of other options, costs, benefits and risks.
- ITIL Service Management qualifications or equivalent experience is desirable
We've just been shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award: https://bit.ly/3lL7DJR
You'll join our brilliant team in our Sheffield digital hub. Find out more about our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
At DWP Digital we believe in giving you a working experience that meets your needs and expectations. That means a focus on work-life balance, flexible hours, team-based working and the ability to work from multiple locations. We are an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications regardless of age, disability, gender, race or sexuality.Details. Wages. Perks.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £40,666, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions worth over 27%, and a generous leave allowance. We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket, so it's even easier for you to get to work and start making a difference
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and training opportunities, including coaching, mentoring, events, community meet ups and lots more
- Clear career paths and opportunities to progress
If you want to work in empowered, multi-disciplinary teams in an environment which values passion and creativity over hierarchy, we'd love to hear from you.CLICK APPLY for further information and to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.