Be part of something exciting. Do you want to take control of your future? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world who will give you a direct stake in its success?
CGI are looking for Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer required for CGI UK's Intelligent Automation service, based in Bridgend, or from our Scottish offices.Your future duties and responsibilities
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) Developer required for CGI UK's Intelligent Automation service. The Developer is responsible for the design, build, implementation and operational support of robotic automation processes, together with the operation support and maintenance of the RPA application platform. All automations to be delivered to time, budget and specification to meet projected returns on investment and targeted business benefits.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious and forward thinking engineer to join a growing, and innovative, team. It is a team where everyone puts forward ideas on how to improve and innovate, and it will offer the chance for someone to make a real mark on RPA delivery at CGI.
Reporting to the Head of Intelligent Automation, the RPA Developer will be Blue Prism Developer accredited, with at least 3 years hands on development experience. They will have additional development experience, ideally in SQL and/or .Net.
As a person we are looking for good communication skills, a real drive to improve ways of working and the ability to work under pressure. The shared service can be a challenging environment and candidates be prepared to reprioritise regularly.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Build automated processes from a process definition document, signed off by the business process owner and the Lead Automation Architect, using the most appropriate CGI standard automation tools.
Build your career with us.
- Be able to develop automations confidently with minimal, if any assistance
- Follow CGI standards and methodologies for automated processes, making recommendations for improvements as necessary
- Recommend alternative methods for creation of automations, where the same outcome can be achieved for less effort
- Ensure robust error and exception handling is built into all automated processes, so that all exceptions are reported and can be handled manually.
- Produce detailed operational support documentation, to enable the entire team to support all automated processes
- Actively contribute to the automation Wiki to share knowledge amongst team members
- Minimize the amount of manual effort required in support of the automation platform, by automating team processes where appropriate.
- Operationally support the automation platform and automated processes
- Proactively drive operational issues through to resolution. Takes ownership of issues.
- Optimize the utilization of the robotic automation platform to ensure the maximum use of the available robot capacity.
- Follow CGI standard change/release management processes
- Participate in standby/callout rota, as required
- Deputise for the Senior Engineer(s) or Automation Architect as and when required
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.