BYLOR is a joint venture between Bouygues TP and Laing O'Rourke. All roles are directly employed by one of the parent companies.
Hinkley Point C Project, Bridgwater, Somerset. The role will be full time, site based.
1 Safety, Health, Environment & Sustainability
- Help produce method statements and risk assessments to be approved by supervising engineers
- Know the company procedures and statutory regulations relating to environmental and waste management issues. Carry out necessary monitoring under the guidance of others.
2 Dimensional/Spatial Control
- Provides dimensional control for a section of the works
- Undertakes as built surveys for a section of the works and presents results in format that can be included in project records if required
- Checks dimension design data early, raising technical queries to eliminate delays from insufficient information
- Ensures that appropriate as built surveys are undertaken, correctly recorded and communicated
- Manages the survey equipment ensuring it is suitable for the works and in calibration so that there are no dimensional control errors due to survey equipment
3 Workmanship, Quality, Inspection & Testing
- Raises Non Conformance Report (NCR) for all non-conformances and reports potential non-conformances
- Produces Inspection and Test Plans (ITP) that correctly interpret the specified quality requirements
- Implements the Inspection and Test Plan (ITP) and the Request for Witness and Approval (RWA) procedures
- Collates and files quality records for potential inclusion in quality assurance documentation
- Carries out quality control checks using internal check sheets where appropriate
- Applies the company and external technical information to help achieve the specified quality requirements
- Adopts and promotes a culture of "right first time"
4 Information, Change Control & Records
- Files and maintains the engineer's drawings and specifications so that the current information is always presented to them
- Marks up drawings & specifications with any changes referencing the documentation that verifies the change
- Interprets and abstracts construction information from the drawings and specification and provides this to the supervisors and operatives in a clear and understandable way using sketches
5 Permanent Works Materials, Products, Plant & Systems
- Measures materials usage and provides quantity information for preparation of material call off / requisitions
- Carries out on site testing of materials, products, plant and systems as required by their role
6 Construction Methods, Practices and Innovation
- Reads and understands method statements and makes sure that site operations follow these methods accurately reporting any variances to supervisors and his supervising engineer
- Produces sketches and drawings to clarify methods and construction sequences
7 Temporary Works/Systems & Cranes
- Takes on the role of temporary works inspector for standard temporary works they are involved with
- Makes sure that temporary works on their section are identified and the temporary works procedure is applied to them
8 Engineering Knowledge - Capture, Sharing & Using
- Interrogate design information and determine if there are sufficient details to construct the works. Raise relevant documentation (e.g. TIEs, TQs, CVIs, etc) with assistance from supervising engineers / managers, to resolve discrepancies and anomalies detected.
- Effective communication of technical information to the workforce and liaison with functions/support services within the project team in a timely & accurate manner.
- Provide feedback to supervising engineers / managers on the effectiveness of materials, specialist contractors, plant and designers being used on site.
· Preparation of basic calculations/drawings/sketches
Skills / Knowledge/ Experience required
· Awareness of working on site
· Understanding of health and safety requirements
· Degree in Engineering
· Working towards chartership required
Additional Qualifications Required:
· Relevant HSE training
Interpersonal Skills Required (e.g. influencing, presenting, leadership):
· Ability to communication skills
· Ability to work with team and co-workers
· Works well in teams
· Respects other team members across engineering, construction, commercial, quality & HSE
· Presents a professional image
· Seeks to minimise waste in resources and materials
· Demonstrates commitment to work to processes
· Promotes the values of the project