The charity is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and equal opportunities in employment. We provide in house training to all our employees, whilst encouraging and supporting career progression within the Alliance.The Early Years Alliance
The Alliance is a leading early years Charity, also the largest voluntary sector provider for childcare services. Our nurseries are a part of a group of full daycare settings that provide childcare and support for young children and their families and works in partnership with local authorities across the UK and the Department of EducationAbout the setting
We have an exciting opportunity for a Nursery Worker
in our Woodside Nursery
based in Tiverton,
working in partnership with Devon County Council
. Woodside nursery offers a neutral and calm environment for the children to come and learn, play and explore within. The setting has two playrooms, with a dedicated staff team across both, staff thrive of building relationships with their key children and families. At Woodside, we look for fun, caring and energetic people to join our team, we use our environment to promote learning through play alongside the Early Years Foundation Stage, our favourite thing to do is bring stories to life using our imaginations. Woodside Nursery is committed to staff development through in house and external training, we use each others strengths to provide the best outcomes for children.Responsibilities
- You will take responsibility for the provision of care and appropriate learning opportunities for children in the nursery.
- Supervise the children and protect them from dangerous or harmful situations and liaise daily with their parents/carers providing them with a daily activity record.
- Successful applicants will need a minimum Level 3 Early Years Education and Childcare Qualification or equivalent.
- Proven post qualification experience of working with children.
- You will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check, if your current certificate is not subscribed to the update service.
- The Nursery is a 1 minute walk from Rooks Way Bus Stop where the 349 bus route runs. The nearest station is Tiverton Park Station which is a 20 minute drive to the nursery.
Hours per week: 20Weeks per year: 52Interview date: Tuesday 13th October 2020Please note our virtual interviews take place via Microsoft Teams, you may need to download this prior to your interview.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part-time employees
- Additional annual leave for long service
- 10% discount on childcare places
- Enhanced sickness pay and paid bereavement leave
- Employer and employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular access to internal; and external learning and development opportunities
- The Alliance operates a 'Team Recognition Scheme' to recognise the outstanding work of the staff across the Charity
- Can save up to 25% on 02 Refresh Airtime Plan if getting a new phone or tablet on 02
- Recruitment Referral Payment Scheme - an introduction payment of up to £100
Notes/Brief for HR Recruitment:
*Can you please add salary for me - unsure on this?
*I have changed level 2 to level 3 as for nursery worker?
About The Service
The Alliance is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. It is a requirement of all staff that they share this commitment and follow the prescribed policy and procedures to continuously promote a culture of safeguarding across the whole organisation.