Our client, an established metal pressings packaging manufacturer to the food industry, has retained our services to search for a Senior Maintenance Engineer to join their team. Ideal:
The role will suit Metal Pressings, Presswork or Metal Stamping experienced applicants who have skills in Press machine Maintenance, press machinery Automation and Press machine Setting operations, and proven experience within a manufacturing environment.Overview:
- As a Senior Maintenance Engineer you will be responsible for leading the site's Press Setter Team. Working on a day shift, you will be responsible for identifying and driving continuous improvement across the department's plant and machinery
- This is a hands-on position which will include press repairs and maintenance
- Map the Press Department's processes in terms of efficiency and effectiveness to improve business continuity, productivity and flexibility
- Define and evaluate requirements for new equipment/metal moulding/tooling/materials and methods of manufacturing and assembly
- Define, monitor and analyse technical capacity and recommend, design and implement modifications in current systems, procedures, and operating techniques, liaising with suppliers and machinery manufacturers to provide the best solution
- Define and monitor standard maintenance procedures to ensure full effectiveness
- Prepare reports for utilization and maintenance of new/already installed equipment/moulds/tools
- Participate/lead RFQ with supplier base for tooling/ machinery and systems
- Ensure standard process implementation and execution according to H&S regulation
- Ensure adherence to WPS standards (tools, processes, SOP's) and execute audits
- Carry out problem solving and lead continuous improvement process
- Monitor and propose improvement plans (optimization/cost reduction) for automation and manufacturing methods
- Provide training on new/updated standard operating procedures regarding equipment maintenance plan
- Ensure adherence to defined organizational behaviours (safety tools, accuracy in standard implementation)
Key Words: Key Words: "Press Engineer" "Press Tooling", "Press tool", "maintenance manager", "maintenance engineer", "Maintenance supervisor", "Maintenance leader", "Continuous Improvement", "Presswork", "Metal stamping", "Metal packaging", "metal pressings"
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Qualification in mechanical engineering
- Experience of providing machinery engineering support and development whilst working in a fast-paced production environment
- Leadership experience
Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive, we will only contact successful applications. Therefore if you have not heard from us within 10 working days please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK
Technical Engineering & Manufacturing Recruitment Specialist - Plastics & Packaging
"Sierra 57 Consult Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. In compliance with the new regulations (April 2004) in place under the Employment Agencies Act, Sierra 57 Consult Ltd will require proof of identification. A current copy of a passport, driving license, ID card or NI card will be required as part of the registration process. Email and faxed copies are acceptable".
Sierra57has been designed to project manage the mechanics of all aspects concerning the recruitment processes, implementing a simple and succinct method for targeting and introducing bona fide and skilled candidates to reputable clients and potential employers.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, ie salary, location, job roles.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90707960