Total is active in more than 130 countries, our 100,000 employees are committed to better energy that is safer, more affordable, cleaner and accessible to many people as possible.
We operate along the entire energy value chain, from the exploration wells to the end client. In May 2020, Total announced its ambition to get to net-zero emissions by 2050 together with society for its global business across its production and energy products used by its customers.
What do we do in UK?
Present since 1955, Total in UK is fully integrated in all sectors of the energy business - exploration production, refining, trading and marketing for our end users and customers.
Our Marketing & Services Branch is specialized in Bitumen (based in Preston), Lubricants (based at Ferrybridge), Special Fluids and Aviation.
Sustainability and minimising the environmental impact of our products are guiding principles. These apply equally to our own manufacturing processes as to the impact our products will have in their end use. We consider the entire product lifecycle.
As a Maintenance Manager, you have 3 directly reporting members of staff and management of all engineering related contractors.
You are responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of all plant and equipment located on the Ferrybridge plant to ensure minimal downtime and disruption to production by means of managing a PPM system.
Your main responsibilities are to ensure that all current safety, environmental and quality standards are met on the Ferrybridge plant to include, ISSSRS, ISO 9000, ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and process safety.
You also have budgetary responsibility for the maintenance budget.
You will be expected to:
- Coordinate and controls the activity within Maintenance Dpt
- Issue the preventive maintenance plan for Blending Plant buildings and equipment
- Manage the stock of spare parts and maintenace equipments and materials
- Manage the supply with utilities (including but not limited to electricity, natural gas, water, sewer system) of Blending Plant in a manner which will avoid the shortages of supply as well excessive costs
- Calculate KPIs and uses them to improve unit performance
- Provide input into the development of the operating budget for the assigned area of responsibility
- Manage PPM system and ensure minimal production down time
- Manage all on site contractors
- Ensure all legal aspects for pressure, lifting and electrical equipment are met and carried out without disruption
- Manage all confined space entries and ensure safety of operation
- Manage permit to work system, to include, HazCon, Cold Work, and Hot Work, Mechanical / Electrical Isolation and Excavation permits
In terms of HSEQ, you will be expected to:
- Be in charge for maintenace quality, alignment with procedures and work instructions in place; activates as improvement agent
- Provide inputs to internal or external audits
- Maintain and monitor health and safety standards at all times, conduct risk assessments and ensure correct use of DynamicRisk Assessment for non-standard operations
- Manage the work permit system
In terms of HR:
- Manage, train, develop, motivate and appraise Maintenance Department staff to ensure an effective team
- Make annual Performance Review for allocated crew;
- Manage documents related with allocated crew activity (time sheets, extra time works, holidays planning, expenditure notes)
- Validates the holidays request or other day offs requests for allocate crew
You will be responsible for the management of all aspects of maintenance, installation and breakdowns and all engineering based contractors that work within the boundary of the Ferrybridge plant to ensure the above are adhered to.
Occasional site attendance for supervision or work performance required at weekend out of hours of plant operation.
About the Successful Candidate
- Degree or equivalent engineering qualification with 5 years relevant experience of production plants and environments.
- Comprehensive up-to-date knowledge of lubricants blending process.
- Management qualification and minimum 3 years experience in engineering management / supervision role.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Health & Safety At Work Act, NEBOSH cert or equivalent and local HSEQS (production) requirements (DRA / Golden Rules).
- Familiar with work permit systems and compliance with relevant safety and quality standards as well as legal obligations of a production plant (pressure / lifting / electrical etc).
- Confined space and fire team trained.