UK Operational Service Manager (Medical Devices)
At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
This position is responsible for leading the UK Service Organisation. The role holder will provide leadership and direction for all aspects of daily operation and strategic service initiatives for Spacelabs Healthcare UK. The ideal candidate effectively engages with people, builds strong teams, is cross functionally oriented and works hard to understand and meet customer needs.
The UK Service Manager directs the coordination of technical and administrative support activities including installation, repair, preventative maintenance and engineering change upgrades to be performed at client sites. The role holder will have the ability to present and implement innovative solutions to optimise service efficiency across the UK region, and must ensure adequate records and systems are maintained, and deliver profitable growth within the region through their team.
Good communication skills with both customers and colleagues are essential. A good degree of commercial awareness is required. Sound judgement is required in the analysis of technical, operational and logistic problems.
· Achieve goals for service revenue and profit margin, expenses, inventory, contract growth (both capital equipment and software service agreements) and sales of products and solutions.
· Develop, communicate and achieve customer service objectives under Senior Director EMEA guidance.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Service Managers/Coordinators peers throughout the Region to develop and execute collaborative product and service support whilst presenting and encouraging innovative solutions to optimise service efficiency across the region.
· Provide accountability for the UK region as point of escalation at senior level for Customer Service-related issues.
· Ensure that direct report(s) are trained and evaluated on their knowledge and adherence to the Company's values, Code of Ethics and Conduct, and applicable compliance policies.
· Manage, evaluate and develop team of employees to meet functional deliverables and responsibilities. Complete company people management requirements. Exhibit manager core competencies.
· Establish and maintain relationship to key customer accounts/reference sites.
· Develop and monitor key performance indicators to monitor progress and keep work on-track; recommend solutions and adjust processes as needed. Report information to upper management as required.
· Advocate customer satisfaction and loyalty by championing a "customer first" culture.
· Hire, develop, and train high performance engineers committed to quality service, customer satisfaction and working cooperatively in teams and with their sales counterparts.
· Will pro-actively manage, evaluate and develop team of employees to meet functional deliverables and responsibilities. e.g. develop staff to achieve business goals, improve leadership skills and FSE productivity, and build customer and sales representative relationships.
· Provides sales Support for quotation and tender projects insuring a comprehensive offer is implemented.
· Willingness to work outside normal business hours.
· Adhere to safety programs, objective of zero personal or automobile accidents.
· Ensure inventory is used and maintained with proper record keeping consistent with company policy.
· BA/BSc Degree or similar in a technical, science or business discipline is preferred.
· Demonstrated experience of medical and or IT service success (capital equipment) is essential.
· Prior management and senior service experience is required and/ or in a similar industry.
· Experience of working and managing in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment gaining achievement through others is essential.
· Ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
· Demonstrable experience of implementing innovative solutions to optimise service efficiencies is essential
· The ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation effectively is essential.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills: listening, written, verbal are essential.
· Must be an experienced user of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
· Must be able to complete job responsibilities working with different time zone needs such as attending late night/early morning meetings by phone and/or web to meet business needs; 15%
· Domestic and International travel required, up to 50%. Must be willing to travel internationally and be able to acquire all necessary travel documents.
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.